cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Zoom Clips Feature: Downloads?

NancyMyrland
Listener

I am testing out the brand-new Zoom Clips feature, but I don't see any way to download the clips. Will that be added, or am I missing it? 

Also, are the facial features such as Touch Up My Appearance mirroring what I have set up in my account? I am noticing a softer filter and wonder how this is managed or modulated. 

Thanks! 

Nancy

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

KhatC
Participant | Zoom Employee

Are you using Zoom desktop client version 5.15.5 or higher? As for the download feature, it is only available via web portal.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 11.26.01 PM.png

View solution in original post

KhatC

Thanks for letting me know, @NancyMyrland . I'll make sure to pass this along to our Zoom Clips team.

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41

KhatC

Hi @NancyMyrland! The account owner or admin can enable or disable settings such as allowing users who can access clips to download clips on an account, group, or user level. For more information, check out Zoom Clips admin guide. Once enabled, a user can download the clip as an mp4 file. More information available at Zoom Clips user guide

As for the filter, you can adjust this just before creating a clip by clicking the Advanced Setting dropdown right above "Start recording".

Hope this helps!

I am the admin and only user, so I will check out those settings. I must have missed them when I was reviewing the details on Zoom's website. 

Thanks! 

Nancy

I'm not seeing face filters above Start Recording. See screenshot. 

New Clips Settings Question.png

KhatC

It's located in Advanced Setting below the icons for video only, screen share, and screen share with video. Currently filters include "Touch up my appearance" and "Adjust for low light".

See the screenshot. Advanced Setting is expanded, and those options aren't showing.

KhatC

Are you using Zoom desktop client version 5.15.5 or higher? As for the download feature, it is only available via web portal.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 11.26.01 PM.png

Okay, I figured it out for you. There is a glitch you need to repair. I checked Admin settings. I am the one and only user of this account, thus I am the Admin. I had to toggle the setting to let anyone download the Clip and, if not, only the Admin would be allowed to download the Clip. Well, I shouldn't have to toggle that on because I should have been able to download it as I am the Admin and only user. I then went back to the web portal and I was allowed to download it, as shown in the screenshot. Long story short: You need to allow Admin download of Clips to happen without toggling on that button to allow everyone to download. 

KhatC

Thanks for letting me know, @NancyMyrland . I'll make sure to pass this along to our Zoom Clips team.

Glad we got it figured out early for you! 🙂

Hello, @KhatC 

I am unable to find the location to toggle on "Allow users who can access clips to download clips"

I am in the Clips setting on the desktop and I do not see the option.

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 1.23.17 PM.png

Go into Admin settings. I am the one and only user of this account, thus I am the Admin. I had to toggle the setting to let anyone download the Clip and, if not, only the Admin would be allowed to download the Clip. Well, I shouldn't have to toggle that on because I should have been able to download it as I am the Admin and only user. I then went back to the web portal and I was allowed to download it, as shown in the screenshot. 

KhatC

Hi @Deyson ! You might be in the Personal Settings. The "Allow users who can access clips to download clips" can be found via Admin > Account Settings > Clips.

I'm not sure my experience is the same as that of @Deyson, but I have no "Account Settings" option under Admin (see attached screenshot), and when I click through every category under Admin, I see nothing related to Clips. (This might be because I'm using a free Zoom account?)

I have this enabled and no one who views the clip can download the clip.  Please help?

Hi, I have found the "Allow users who can access clips to download clips" button, but it says it's locked. Even tho I'm the only user = admin. Went through all the settings on the web portal, desktop client, mobile app .. and haven't found anything how to allow me to download my own clip 😕 Is there any solution?

same problem - well it is a beta...

It seems that I cannot disable the lock to allow all users to download the clips. I'm on the basic plan. Meanwhile it seems that what you are saying is true, that without enabling this, that I as  the admin cannot download the clips.

It seems that the only way to download is to stream and record locally for now.

Nancy, can you share the sequence of menus you went to for managing this? I am having the same problem and cannot find where this setting is. Thanks in advance!

In case you haven't figured this out yet, the solution is going into account settings, clips, and then turning on "Allow users who can access clips to download clips". There must be a bug in the system that is not allowing admins to download the clips unless this option is turned on for everyone.

Go into Admin settings. I am the one and only user of this account, thus I am the Admin. I had to toggle the setting to let anyone download the Clip and, if not, only the Admin would be allowed to download the Clip. We shouldn't have to toggle that on because we should have been able to download it as we are the Admins and only users. I then went back to the web portal and I was allowed to download it, as shown in the screenshot in my conversation above. 

   

Hello @NancyMyrland.

Thank you for sharing the workaround. 
However, I am not able to find the setting to allow anyone to download the clips.

May you please show me where that option is located?

Thank you and have a Fantastic Day! 🙂

I'm not able to find any Clips setting for "Allow users who can access clips to download clips". Perhaps this isn't available because I'm using a free account? (If that's the issue, the documentation should be updated to indicate that download is only supported in paid versions of Zoom.)

This is what my Clips settings screen looks like on the Zoom website:

Thanks so much, @NancyMyrland ! In your second screenshot, 2.png, I see that you have an "Account Settings" option (Admin > Account Management > Account Settings). That is only available to people with paid accounts. So, there's currently no way for someone with a free Zoom account to download a Clip... but the documentation doesn't make this clear.

I hope this helps someone else understand what's going on. The option that allows for Clips to be downloaded is currently available only to people with paid Zoom accounts.

Te amo

Also, no option behind the 3 dots on desktop either. 

Hi, I have clips enabled and when I click the 3 dots it shows share, rename, thumbnail, and trash but no download

KhatC

Currently, the download option is only available via the web portal.

No download option on desktop either. 

No download option on desktop either.png

crissyd

@NancyMyrland Currently the download option is only available in the web portal. Log in to zoom.us then go to the Clips tab.

There is a glitch that I figured out for you. See above conversation that I started. 

That isn't the issue. It's just as Nancy was saying. Even the admin cannot download the clip unless the downloading option is turned on for everyone. Not ideal since I would like to download clips that others can't, but oh well.

Actually it doesn't work for admin either, the only way I got it to work was to enable the general settings  for any user to  download. Otherwise the download option doesn't appear at all.  

josegomezjr
Listener

Nothing I do allows me to download the clip I created. There is no download option as the information above says and there is no setting to enable downloads of clips in my settings. What is going on?

Stelfonta
Listener

I don't have this option available to download the clip as an MP4, it will only download as an HTML.  Is there a fix for this yet?  I've looked in the admin section.

Note that the HTML is not a download - it's just an HTML link to view the clip that is stored in the cloud.

demoyo
Listener

HI @NancyMyrland I have a similar issue, create 4 clips, two able to download, and two shows in black with no thumbnail but can play with no issue and has no download button. Do you know what can be happening?