cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep your Zoom meeting secure?

AJR03
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

You can require all meetings to be secured with one of the following security options: a passcode, Waiting Room, or Only authenticated users can join meetings. These options provide additional protection and privacy for your meetings and help prevent uninvited guests from joining.

If no security option is enabled, Zoom will automatically secure all meetings with Waiting Room.

How to enforce meeting security settings:
--> Sign in to the Zoom Web Portal.
--> In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
--> Click the Meetings tab.
--> In the Security section, click the toggles to enable or disable security settings for users on the account, including the Waiting Room and its customization, meeting passcodes and their complexity, and authentication profiles to control who can join meetings hosted by your account.
(Optional) To prevent all users in your account from changing a setting, click the lock icon next to a toggle, and then click Lock to confirm the setting.

See the full article here:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059665892-Requiring-meetings-to-have-one-security-optio...

AJR
3 REPLIES 3

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Awesome tip @AJR03 ! Thank you for sharing 💙

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

KhatC
Participant | Zoom Employee

Thanks for sharing, @AJR03! I didn’t know about the Waiting Room being the automatic security option if none selected. In addition to the security options before the event, in-meeting security options are available as well, which allows the host to grant or remove permissions from their attendees, enabling or disabling the waiting room, and locking the meeting to keep anyone else from joining even if they have the meeting link, ID, and passcode.

crissyd

Great tip, @AJR03 ! Users can also combine security methods for additional layer of security i.e., Passcode + Waiting Room. Customers are also very interested in customizing the Waiting Room whenever they see that I have a Zoom video uploaded in mine.😄 Not just a security option but can definitely used for branding / marketing too!