cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally Pressed Educator Account

OpalEssence
Listener

I was making a new account for Zoom for an interview next week but I accidentally pressed educator thinking it was something else, and now I can't go back to fix it. I have sent a support ticket but am unsure what to fill in in terms of "request type" (though I assume it's technical support), "product", and "about". Does anyone know what to do in this situation?

4 REPLIES 4

ZoomerIT
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @OpalEssence ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Community. I can gladly assist with this! Please go here and select the “Submit a Request” option in the link: 

Request Type: Billing and Account Management

Subject: Educational Setting Lockout

Description: I accidentally pressed the educational setting when setting up my account. I, owner of this account, verify I will not be using this account for educational purposes for any minors under the age of 18. Please disable this setting on my account. 

Request Type: Account Management

About: Other

One thing to keep in mind is the email needs to come from the account that the setting is turned on for so that we can verify ownership. If this information helps please mark as an accepted solution for others in this community! 

Thanks!

OpalEssence
Listener

Thank you! I had recently gotten an update on the support ticket I had sent before but it states that "Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your open ticket at this time" and directed me to several sources that don't seem to have a solution to this problem. My ticket was marked as "solved" despite nothing changing and I am still unable to sign up to Zoom with this account. Should I send another support ticket with the above details?

ZoomerIT

I apologize @OpalEssence, please see my modified original post. Thanks! 

OpalEssence
Listener

Thank you! I have sent the support letter with those criteria. Is there a reason for this modification? How long is the expected wait time for this problem to be fixed?