cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with blocking Otter AI from auto recording minutes during zoom calla

joekisirinya
Listener

Hi Zoom community,

Several users on my Zoom tenant send auto-recorded minutes from the zoom calls and it is getting out of hand. Otter AI is the culprit and it un authoritatively gets access to the zoom calls. Is there a way to block Otter AI from accessing zoom calls and recording these minutes?

12 REPLIES 12

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @joekisirinya welcome to the community! I would suggest looking into the following help articles from otter.ai, on Stop OtterPilot from automatically joining your meetings and Remove OtterPilot from your Zoom, Google Meet, or Microsoft Teams meeting and let me know if that helps! 

There is also another discussion around Can't disconnect Otter.ai

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi @RN - I just want to clarify your reply here. The solutions you posted are all from the perspective of the Otter user, not the host interested in limiting exposure. Can you confirm that Zoom's stance on this is that there is no way to disable this administratively for an organization hosting with a corporate account?

It sounds like here and in the other threads that the impetus is being placed on the host to find a soft method of managing this and crossing their fingers because "Well hey, somebody could be recording with their cell phone and you'd never know, so why have any expectation of confidentiality at all. Zoom isn't going to be liable for that." Do I have that right?

podetize
Listener

@RN to second what @affiliatezoom is saying. We are not looking for a solution as an Otter user, we need a way to have our corporate Zoom account settings block these to begin with. These auto transcribers are coming in even when we limit to only invited users. This should not just be on us to try to manage in the meeting. This needs global blocking in our Zoom policy and settings.

Agree with @podetize . There should be a way to block such platforms while setting up a meeting in Zoom. @RN please get a fix for blocking the AI bots from participating in meetings without prior permission from the Zoom meeting host. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @mnick1 @joekisirinya @MRLanham @podetize @affiliatezoom could you please try enabling and checking the following settings on your Zoom Account from the Web Portal? 

1. Go to zoom.us/profile/setting.

2. Enable the Show a "Join from your browser" link option.

3. Check the Require solving a CAPTCHA for guest users (users who are not signed in) option.

This should prevent meeting bots like Bleur.com, Otter.ai, Chorus.ai (transcribers) from joining your meetings.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

MRLanham
Listener

We all seem to want to get rid of Otter.AI.  it just started showing up in some of our zoom meetings and we are not sure how the infection started.  If anyone figures out how to stop it please post it here.  Apparently Zoom is not being helpful?  Ist that the case?  

Riebap
Listener

Same issue.  We didn't ask for it.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Riebap please see my reply below 🙂

Hey @mnick1 @joekisirinya @MRLanham @podetize @affiliatezoom could you please try enabling and checking the following settings on your Zoom Account from the Web Portal? 

1. Go to zoom.us/profile/setting.

2. Enable the Show a "Join from your browser" link option.

3. Check the Require solving a CAPTCHA for guest users (users who are not signed in) option.

This should prevent meeting bots like Bleur.com, Otter.ai, Chorus.ai (transcribers) from joining your meetings.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

We already had that option enabled from a meeting I just attended, but the Otter AI was able to somehow claim host of our meeting and transcribed every word said. It was a highly confidential meeting. This is unacceptable and the fact we cannot remove a bot like this is very concerning. Zoom should be all over solutions for this.

Hi,

Is there yet a solution to this?

Someone suggested enabling captcha for non logged in users. Well, that is quite inconvenient for the user. Would be good to be able to blanket ban this on the admin level.

LK_EXN
Attendee | Zoom Partner
Attendee | Zoom Partner

Maybe removing this app from your Zoom App Marketplace will solve the problem?

Thanks, good idea. I changed the setting of what apps users can use to admin approved apps only. Let's see what difference that makes.