cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I DON'T WANT ZOOM WORKPLACE - how do I turn it off?

drecdevine
Listener

I went into my Zoom today, which I use for personal reasons to stay in touch with family. I opened on my desktop, per usual, signed in, and it immediately took me to "Zoom Workplace" and all my scheduled meetings were gone. I had to go onto Zoom's website and login to my account there in order to find them. 

I do not want Zoom workplace.  I do not want to be charged for Zoom workplace. I don't want to have to sign in through the website. If I find out I'm being charged extra for a service I neither wanted nor use, I'm cancelling my account and moving to another online meeting platform. 

Does anyone know how to switch back, or have experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! Your recurring meetings are NOT GONE! In the meetings tab look at the very bottom of the window and you will see a link that says "Recurring (XX)" (where XX is the number of recurring meetings).

Zoom Workplace is simply the latest version of Zoom and offers numerous features in part includes to manage chatting before, during, and after, scheduling, calendaring, starting, and editing meetings.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

DebinOregon
Listener

I, too, am frustrated! I have many scheduled meetings, several of which are set up as recurring meetings and they can no longer be accessed from Zoom client. So far I hate it.

Beastfan
Listener

Me too!  ALL my scheduled recurring meetings are GONE!  Fortunately, I have the Meeting IDs and Passwords, but this is NOT acceptable!  Zoom Powers That Be... PLEASE HELP!

I see complaints about zoom workplace that mirror mine but no solutions.  Someone help!!

drwall
Listener

Same here.  Never asked for Zoom Workplace and now it's listing my emails and giving me annoying pop-ups when I get an email, which I hate.  Make it stop!

plow166
Listener

I'm having the same problem.  Plus I can't reach a live person to help me.  Very frustrating!!

danahob
Listener

Yes! I'm having the same problem! I did have a tech from Hewlett Packard update my laptop a few days ago. But I don't want Zoom workplace either. Wondering if that's the reason??

storyhub

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! Your recurring meetings are NOT GONE! In the meetings tab look at the very bottom of the window and you will see a link that says "Recurring (XX)" (where XX is the number of recurring meetings).

Zoom Workplace is simply the latest version of Zoom and offers numerous features in part includes to manage chatting before, during, and after, scheduling, calendaring, starting, and editing meetings.

How about my SCHEDULED MEETINGS that are NOT RECURRING, Zoom?

I can only see the Recurring Meetings.

I cannot see the Scheduled Meetings. 

I am the Hoist, & clicking on the Meeting Link is the fastest way to open the  scheduled meeting.

Thank you.

storyhub

Scheduled meetings are now more organized. You can see any scheduled meeting by clicking a calendar day. TODAYS meetings appear at the top in the center pane or in the right hand pane. If you have HUNDREDS of scheduled meetings those for today and later on in the week are now shown chronologically. It is also possible to create desktop shortcuts that will sign in to the account and start a specific meeting. With additional skillsets Zoom can even be configured after starting the meeting from the shortcut that started the meeting.

Thank you for this info. So can I safely assume that I’m not being charged for Zoom Workplace? If it suddenly appeared and I didn’t sign up for it? 

I checked what I'm being charged, and so far it's the same. Still, not a product that I wanted! 

storyhub

Zoom Workplace is simply Zoom version 6, which has lots of new features. This is NOT a different product, just the same product with major rather than minor changes.

For those of us who don't want Zoom listing our emails and providing pop-ups every time we get one, is there a way to go back to the Zoom of the past, which we simply used for video chats?

Ok. So it's a NEW platform with MAJOR CHANGES I don't need.

Thanks.

Keep saying it’s not different doesn’t change the fact that it is!  5heres no up 9ming meeting tab.  It continually says it’s unstable and cuts out.  I have to go between the PC and switch to the iPad to communicate in breakout rooms. The iPad still has an upcoming meeting button and doesn’t say the connection is unstable.  The platform also does not support Windows 11, just Google it and you’ll see.  It wasn’t broken until Zoom decided to fix it! 

drecdevine
Listener

I appreciate the instructions. Thanks!  But many of us do not  like the new platform. I find it very clunky. I have Zoom through my employer for meetings....but I also pay for a personal account for meeting up with my friends and family. I don't need a "workplace" for that, and therefore automatically blanketing me with these features and without choice is not fair to all Zoom consumers.

storyhub

I manage 6 enterprise accounts each with multiple hosts and a personal account that has over 50 recurring meetings with friends plus numerous other meetings that we join. I have developed one click shortcuts on PCs, iPads, and iPhones that can join or start a meeting without having to sign in first.

Beastfan
Listener

Good morning!  So, today (Thursday, 5/9), I open up my Zoom, go to Meetings tab, and everything is back to NORMAL!  Hallelujah!!!  It did not say there was an update, but I don't care.  Its working now... I hope they were listening to us all and won't do that again!  🙂  Whew...  

Mine is still the same, unfortunately. It just started loading as "workplace" a couple of days ago. How long did you have to wait before it switched back to normal?

Three very long days!

How did you get the old version back please?

zujiang
Listener

this new UI/UX design of Zoom workplace for Windows is very bad, together comes with many bugs here and there, cannot image how such a famous software with such poor quality can pass all the test and eventually gave the very bad experience to its loyal customers.  a few bugs: no sound alert and pop-up window when a participant  enters the waiting room, share the sound is not working with many music app, when zoom workspace is launched, other music app will lost the sound. Besides very hard to find the recurring meetings, the worst part is if you edit your recurring meeting, it will disappear from the list. No end meeting button if you are still sharing the screen ....

storyhub

Sound alert works and is still managed in the Participant Window menu.

Share the sound works fine, it is managed slightly better. See:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063608

If it appears that Zoom is overriding an app you may need to configure the audio for the output device to not take exclusive control or find other ways to manage the audio. As a sound engineer I can tell you that audio is the most complex system in most computers and there are many ways and many settings that are possible. I have never had an issue with playing background sounds in Zoom, but that may be because of the way I manage the Windows settings and the apps I use.

For the end meeting button while you are sharing go to More > show meeting windows - end button is lower right corner or you can click the X in the upper right corner and click end meeting for all.

zujiang
Listener

the zoom software team need to action fast to fix those bugs

TheRones
Listener

I HATE this new version.  It's incredibly glitchy on my PC and it's already affected meeting with clients!!  This is unacceptable.  Is there a way to downgrade or revert back to the previous version?

cbowden
Listener

Zoom Workplace sucks! Please restore the old version - might as well move to Teams now! 

I can't find anyplace that shows Workplace settings. 

curlupwkelli
Listener

how to delete zoom workplace hate it want it back to the og version?