cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat saving

UliZurapu707-
Listener

Hey,

So I’ve been wondering if a Participant in a meeting where I’m the host can save the chat. Especially the messages that were sent after he left. For example when 5 people leave the meeting and two are left in it and they chat with each other. 
I know that there’s an option for saving the chat automatically but I wonder if only the host gets the history of the chat or if everybody’s got this option.

Or if the participants only can get a transcription of the messages that were sent when they were in the meeting.

thanks for answering.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @UliZurapu707- 

Yes, chat messages can be saved by participants, IF the host allows them to do so. This can be adjusted through your web settings.

If they are allowed to save chat messages, the chat transcript will be a copy of all the public chat messages (and any private messages they were involved in) they were present for. So, if chat messages were sent before or after they were present, those would not be included in their saved chat transcript. 

The auto-saving chat option only applies to the host of the meeting, not any of the participants. Meeting participants have to manually save a transcript of chats, as there is no automatic option for them. 

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions about in-meeting chat. Otherwise, if that was what you needed, be sure to mark this response as the Accepted Solution. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @UliZurapu707- 

Yes, chat messages can be saved by participants, IF the host allows them to do so. This can be adjusted through your web settings.

If they are allowed to save chat messages, the chat transcript will be a copy of all the public chat messages (and any private messages they were involved in) they were present for. So, if chat messages were sent before or after they were present, those would not be included in their saved chat transcript. 

The auto-saving chat option only applies to the host of the meeting, not any of the participants. Meeting participants have to manually save a transcript of chats, as there is no automatic option for them. 

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions about in-meeting chat. Otherwise, if that was what you needed, be sure to mark this response as the Accepted Solution. 

Thank you for the answer. This was very helpful! 🙂