cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

your service plan does not support calling to this destination

composer123
Listener

Hi!

I'm completely new to zoom and I'm trying to set up Zoom Phone. There are still a few things confusing to me.
The call that I'm trying to make is from the Netherlands to the United States. So I do not have a US phone number only Dutch.

I got the unlimited US/Canada plan.

In "Phone System Management" -> "Users & Rooms" I Assigned myself the  US/CA Unlimited package.

However, I am not able to assign any phone number. I added my dutch mobile phone number to my profile under "Personal".  But I cannot change the Direct Number at all in that section. Does Zoom create/generate a phone number for me? A US number? Or how does this work?

I know something is wrong because when I go to my zoom desktop app and I try to call a US number I get:
"Sorry we cannot complete your call your service plan does not support calling to this destination"

I already checked "Billing" under "Account Management" and both the US and the Netherlands have been selected.

Again, I'm 100% new to this and maybe I missed a very obvious step.
Does anyone know how I could get it working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

composer123
Listener

Just to update this. I figured it out! Just made a call to the US 🙂

I had to go to "Phone system Management -> Phone Numbers"
Then go to Add. 

What confused me is that I didn't know I had to choose a city/area and that way the phone numbers showed up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

composer123
Listener

Just to update this. I figured it out! Just made a call to the US 🙂

I had to go to "Phone system Management -> Phone Numbers"
Then go to Add. 

What confused me is that I didn't know I had to choose a city/area and that way the phone numbers showed up.

JustParadise
Listener

I recently received the same error. The enablement team lead ,Zoe, figured out that you must choose a Caller ID. Yes, it's true "Hide my Caller ID" is an available option. Hiding your ID prevents the system from knowing your location.  

Keep in mind we are located in Florida so you may need a different solution.  

I started my Zoom Phone project by signing up for the free training at the Zoom Learning Center. I started with the Basic Administration for Zoom Phone Learning Plan.

monkeywithphone
Listener

fail. that didn't work because the city and state are already selected when you get the number

fowlerjk04
Listener

I'm having the same issue and everything looks correct based on all the documentation. I posted a ticket and no reply so far.

• Phone number added/assigned
  • City/state assigned for caller ID
  • Caller ID assigned
  • Plan assigned

What am I missing?

johndawe
Listener

It is likely that your direct line number is assigned successfully, but your Zoom Phone Call Out country has not been selected in the BILLING area.  Kind of silly to have to choose that MULTIPLE locations for this to work but that's what fixed it for me. 

As of 8/6/2023 here are the instructions on how to fix:
Step 1: Login to your Zoom Web Portal and go to Account Management and then Billing
Step 2: On your Zoom Phone plan, click the "View/Edit Countries/Regions"
Step 3: Search "United States" and then click the checkbox beside it
Step 4: Save

Hi, I purchase a plan (Zoom Phone US/Canada Unlimited Calling) there is no option to click the "View/Edit Countries/Regions", how I can fix my problem? I attached the screenshot so u can see it.

johndawe
Listener

It is likely that your direct line number is assigned successfully, but your Zoom Phone Call Out country has not been selected in the BILLING area.  Kind of silly to have to choose that MULTIPLE locations for this to work, but that's what fixed it for me. 

As of 8/6/2023 here are the instructions on how to fix:
Step 1: Login to your Zoom Web Portal and go to Account Management and then Billing
Step 2: On your Zoom Phone plan, click the "View/Edit Countries/Regions"
Step 3: Search "United States" and then click the checkbox beside it
Step 4: Save