cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem to install zoom on centos 7

fabien-1987
Listener

hi everyone, please I try to install zoom.us on my centos7 but the last version of zoom which zoom 5.17.10 doesn't run because it is for centos 8+. please can you suggest one version which is between 5.14.5 and this version which could be run my centos 7 64bits with the command lines to install it? 

great thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @fabien-1987 

Unfortunately, CentOS 7 is longer supported as of the 5.13.5 version, released in January 2023. At this point, CentOS 7 devices would have no versions available, as the last version available for that OS is now below the global minimum version. 

At this point, you will unfortunately need to update to CentOS 8 or higher to continue using the Zoom app. The Zoom Web App, which runs on your web browser, is a good alternative in the meantime, although it is limited in what it can accomplish compared to the desktop app. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @fabien-1987 

Unfortunately, CentOS 7 is longer supported as of the 5.13.5 version, released in January 2023. At this point, CentOS 7 devices would have no versions available, as the last version available for that OS is now below the global minimum version. 

At this point, you will unfortunately need to update to CentOS 8 or higher to continue using the Zoom app. The Zoom Web App, which runs on your web browser, is a good alternative in the meantime, although it is limited in what it can accomplish compared to the desktop app. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @fabien-1987 ! I've reviewed your post and @Bort has provided the answer to your question, so I've marked it as an accepted solution. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?