cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom payments as a teacher

AKGM
Listener

Hi, 

I heard somewhere that teachers don't have to pay for Zoom accounts, is that correct? I work as an online freelance teacher and have been paying for my account for 2 years, something which I hesitate to do anymore if it is actually free. Also, how do i get to speak to customer service in Zoom, ie. a real human being who might be able to help me from Zoom?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

That information is incorrect. At the beginning of the pandemic, Zoom did give schools free / enhanced services, but that period has long since passed. 

Zoom ended the program on June 30, 2022.

"At the outset of the global pandemic, starting in early March of 2020, Zoom decided to temporarily lift the 40-minute time limit on group Zoom Meetings (3 or more participants) to support primary and secondary institutions providing educational services in a select group of countries around the world."

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0062185 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Frank_TB

Hello,

That information is incorrect. At the beginning of the pandemic, Zoom did give schools free / enhanced services, but that period has long since passed. 

Zoom ended the program on June 30, 2022.

"At the outset of the global pandemic, starting in early March of 2020, Zoom decided to temporarily lift the 40-minute time limit on group Zoom Meetings (3 or more participants) to support primary and secondary institutions providing educational services in a select group of countries around the world."

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0062185 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Regards

Thanks so much for your quick response. I appreciate it. Much better than trying to speak to a Zoom employee!