cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom add-on scam

Rod555
Listener

Hi,

I have a Zoom One Pro plan and saw the add-on for scheduler when it was launched, so decided to try it for a month. I subscribed for a month, (it says "subscription period monthly") but it didn't have the features I thought it did, so hit "cancel plan" 

It won't let me cancel the scheduler add-on and says:

"You are unable to cancel, downgrade or decrease your monthly add-on subscription until the end of your annual subscription's billing cycle. Contact Us if you have any questions."

I tried contacting zoom, with zero response and also saw that this topic has been posted before with no responses from zoom.

Unless I cancel my credit card, within two days it will automatically hit my credit card

Having a monthly suscription plan for add-ons and not being able to cancel them at the end of the month is a scam.

Any thoughts on how to cancel the scheduler add-on subscription?

Thanks, Rod

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Rod555 welcome to the community! I see that Zoom Billing Support was able to resolve your issue. 🙂 

Let me know if I need to escalate further, thank you! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Rod555 welcome to the community! I see that Zoom Billing Support was able to resolve your issue. 🙂 

Let me know if I need to escalate further, thank you! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

@RN  I'm facing a similar issue. What can I do to resolve it short of cancelling my debit card?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @dc8! I would suggest reaching out to our Zoom billing support as they do not monitor the community. You can create a ticket here

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

dc8
Listener

Hi @Rod555 I'm having the same issue but with the large meetings add-on. How did you manage to resolve your issue?

Yes, I’m having the exact same issue! Anyone found a solution, because this is a scam

Yes, I raised a ticket and Zoom support cancelled the subscription afterwards

jwest
Listener

I put in a ticket because I bought zoom scheduler before it was added the the business plan and, of course, there was no information about when/how to remove the separate subscription without disruption. I put in a ticket to support 9 days ago and not a single reply. Its so frustrating. Since, I have been billed for the yearly scheduler subscription.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jwest welcome to the community! First, suggest looking into the Support Knowledge Base article on How to cancel an add-on. Please let me know if that helps, or if you've already looked into this information; I'd be happy to assist you further!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

user98341
Listener

This is a total scam. It is a sales tactic. They want you to call in and then someone tells you that your account is a "special account" that you need to talk to someone further up the line as they cannot cancel it. I have been on hold for 25 minutes. And like you my online request was never answered. I work for a nonprofit,  that is trying to do good in society with a limited budget while Zoom cashes in. Contacting the Better Business Bureau. 

jwest
Listener

I finally got everything taken care of and got a refund. The fact that there's no automatic process to notify existing customers of both to let them know they don't need to pay extra anymore speaks a lot to how Zoom thinks about customers.  I run a SaaS subscription company and this would be the first thing to do for me.

zoomipsbas
Listener

Exactly the same situation. I ordered a monthly add-on for big meetings for our Institute, because we have one big meeting a year. The idea was to cancel it afterwords and pay only for one month (we need just a day, but anyways). While ordering this monthly add-on, the zoom account for the pro plan also renewed and charged me for one year ahead. I didn't want this, but this was not a big issue since we are using the pro plan on regular basis. However,  now I can't cancel the monthly subscription before the annual one. And can't cancel the annual before canceling any of the monthly subscriptions. This is a scam par excellence! Plus, I submitted 3 tickets with no response whatsoever. I will make sure we are not going to continue to use zoom with this attitude and will turn to other providers. 

AngryBird
Listener

I share your frustration with Zoom's cancellation and billing process. Despite my repeated attempts to cancel and clear evidence provided, I received only automated responses and no resolution. I've now insisted on human intervention and am prepared to take more serious action if necessary.