cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will deactivating a user automatically reflect in billing for the next cycle.

Dbucks
Listener

Hi, 

I'm having trouble finding out the answer to this. 

I have a zoom one pro account with one admin and one Licensed user. My organization no longer needs the second user account so I went ahead and deactivated it. we are currently on a yearly billing cycle with 2 users set to renew in February 2024. 

When I go to the billing management tab and change the number of users on our account from 2 to 1 the only option is to "Place order" and checkout with one user selected. This would then charge use for an account with only one user immediately but we would be double paying as we still have access to our 2 user account until February.  

It's not very clear but because I deactivated the user will our billing update to reflect this change in February. Or will I have to go in, in February and sign a new contact for only 1 user?

Thanks for your help with this matter! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there!

You do have to go through the cart online to complete a downgrade. There will be nothing to pay though. For guidance, please refer to this support article: Reducing your number of licenses 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

S_K

Hi there!

You do have to go through the cart online to complete a downgrade. There will be nothing to pay though. For guidance, please refer to this support article: Reducing your number of licenses 

Dbucks
Listener

Great, thanks for your help. 

I do find the wording on this page a bit misleading as it appears that you will have to pay again at he updated price before the yearly contract is up. Just maybe something Zoom should look into.

S_K

Happy to help! I agree with you and am sure it would make me hesitate as well. 

I invite you to use the Feedback Form to share your thoughts. This ensures your thoughts are being seen by the right team for consideration or action.