cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User has a change of email to corporate account

j24633
Listener

I have a user who has changed email addresses to a different branch of our company. We have only 5 licenses and they are used up. Is the preferred way to make the change deleting her old email and adding her a new user entirely? Will deleting her free up our 5th license to use for her again? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @j24633,

Your question is a little confusing, but let me try and help you through a couple of options.

It sounds like the user has a new email address... as opposed to just moving to a new department with the same address.  In that case, her new email address is already set up in her new department, and they should provision her with a new Zoom User add-on.  To be honest, this probably isn't ideal, as it means that all of her meetings, Personal Meeting ID, any Chats, and any Contacts set up will be lost and need to be recreated; much better to have more centralized Zoom account management that can simply move her into a new department -- all under the same account structure.  But that's not your problem. 😎

This Zoom Support article will probably be helpful (or maybe overkill/TMI, but worth reading).  Basically you can delete her old email address from your account, and any add-ons that were attached to her account then should become "unattached to anyone" on your account.  Assuming you hire a replacement, when that person's email address is added to your account, you'll need to re-assign the available account add-ons to her email address/user account.

I hope that's helpful!  If you need more info, reply to this thread and I'll try to help more if I can.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @j24633,

Your question is a little confusing, but let me try and help you through a couple of options.

It sounds like the user has a new email address... as opposed to just moving to a new department with the same address.  In that case, her new email address is already set up in her new department, and they should provision her with a new Zoom User add-on.  To be honest, this probably isn't ideal, as it means that all of her meetings, Personal Meeting ID, any Chats, and any Contacts set up will be lost and need to be recreated; much better to have more centralized Zoom account management that can simply move her into a new department -- all under the same account structure.  But that's not your problem. 😎

This Zoom Support article will probably be helpful (or maybe overkill/TMI, but worth reading).  Basically you can delete her old email address from your account, and any add-ons that were attached to her account then should become "unattached to anyone" on your account.  Assuming you hire a replacement, when that person's email address is added to your account, you'll need to re-assign the available account add-ons to her email address/user account.

I hope that's helpful!  If you need more info, reply to this thread and I'll try to help more if I can.

j24633
Listener

Ray, thank you so much. My post was confusing b/c I myself am I confused without how to word it, but you answered it perfectly. Thank you so much. 

Ray_Harwood

@j24633 - Zoom is like that... but you'll learn more and be a pro in no time! 👍 I've been producing Zoom events for small business and non-profits for several years now... and every day there's something new!

Glad to help.