cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel subscription without full year penalty

Breeno
Listener
My circumstances have changed and I no longer need access to a paid Zoom account . I wish to cancel my account. 

The  website states :

“To be eligible for a refund, the request must be submitted within 30 days of the renewal and only a prorated refund will be given.”

I am within the 30-days condition, and should qualiy for a prorated refund.
 When I attempt to cancel I get a contradictory message stating that cancelling now will only take effect in 2024 and consequentially I will be paying for a full year subscription without refund.

Can you please explain
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Breeno suggest reaching out to the Zoom Billing team, as they do not monitor the community, for further assistance, please reach out by creating a ticket here. Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Breeno suggest reaching out to the Zoom Billing team, as they do not monitor the community, for further assistance, please reach out by creating a ticket here. Thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Already been around in circles with Zoom billing.  They don't care one bit that the practice of auto-renewal without any notice is totally shady.   

ImaginePeds
Listener

Breeno, I ran into the same problem.  We chose the yearly subscription and used Zoom for teletherapy and was happy with the service for 3 years.  However, this past year, we were unable to provide teletherapy for insurance cases any longer, making it a service we could no longer provide.  I went to cancel and we had been charged on our renewal date 2 days prior.  Reading the policy as within-30 days of the renewal meaning before and after the renewal date, I requested the prorated refund.  I was told they could not refund.  I protested, explaining the situation and assuming surely zoom would not take advantage of me and charge our struggling clinic an entire year worth of services not rendered and not able to use.  I was wrong.  I was told by the billing CSA whom I was communicating with via email that they would reach out to management and plead my case.  There was never a follow up without me prompting it and it has been months.  I am so disappointed in Zoom as a company.  This vague policy, no renewal notices, and horrible customer service after auto-billing is predatory.  I intend to NOT recommend Zoom to anyone in my provider network and pen my story to our groups because of this.  Google does not have this predatory policy.

agreed.  totally shady!!!    and they know it.  otherwise they'd send out renewal notices and give people the opportunity to adjust before it auto-renews.