cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Licences

stacey6
Listener

Hi All, 

My zoom account has three emails as users, and I transfer the licence between all three. Now however, it won't let me change a user from basic to licenced, saying I need to purchase more licences. But on the main page it also says I have one licence available for use. 

Has anyone experienced this and know how to fix it?

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @stacey6 welcome to the community! Curious, if you go to https://zoom.us/account/user#/ are you able to see licenses available to you? For example: 

If you receive an error message related to exceeding the limit of license assignment for your account, you will not be able to assign licenses at this time. The license assignment limit is based on the number of purchased licenses you have.

1. Locate or search for the user who you want to assign a license.
  2. Click Edit at the end of the user row.
    This will open a window.
  3. Choose the User Type to assign
    Note: If your account utilizes the Meeting Connector, but on-prem  is not available under User Type, then you will need to manage on-prem users, using the Group, Account, or User Profile level settings.
  4. After choosing the User Type, use the drop down to select the license.
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Just an FYI Zoom moderator, even purchasing a new license doesn't work - and to be honest - implementing this without clearly broadcasting the changes is pretty close to deceitful business practices. I realize you can't do anything but you might want to pass along that they are losing customers left right and center with these very poor practices.