cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Account

FELIX_PFEIFLE
Listener

Hello, I participate in a regular Zoom meeting hosted by a friend.  My friend pays for the account, but she wishes to discontinue the meeting.  I would like to continue the meeting and assume payment for the account.  Is there a way for my friend to transfer "ownership" of the account and payment for it to me, so that we don't have to disconnect the meeting and start over with a new link?  A number of other people are dependent on this meeting and I would like to find the least disruptive way possible toward this transition.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @FELIX_PFEIFLE 

Yes, it takes a few steps to accomplish, but it is possible to do as you wish: 

1. Have the friend invite you to their Zoom account
  2. Once you are on their account, they will promote you to Admin and make you the account owner
  3. After you have gained ownership of the account, you can update the credit card and contact info so that you are billed properly. 
  4. Delete or unlink their profile from the account (after demoting them down from Admin to Member) and transfer their data and meetings to your profile as part of the process. All covered in this article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005269946-Deactivating-unlinking-or-deleting-users-from...

As the result, you will be the owner, will Billing details in your name, and the meeting will still exist, but on your profile instead. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @FELIX_PFEIFLE 

Yes, it takes a few steps to accomplish, but it is possible to do as you wish: 

1. Have the friend invite you to their Zoom account
  2. Once you are on their account, they will promote you to Admin and make you the account owner
  3. After you have gained ownership of the account, you can update the credit card and contact info so that you are billed properly. 
  4. Delete or unlink their profile from the account (after demoting them down from Admin to Member) and transfer their data and meetings to your profile as part of the process. All covered in this article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005269946-Deactivating-unlinking-or-deleting-users-from...

As the result, you will be the owner, will Billing details in your name, and the meeting will still exist, but on your profile instead. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

FELIX_PFEIFLE
Listener

Bort, Thank you so much!  I really appreciate this--seems pretty simple and clear.  Best, FELIX.