cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious Email from a Zoom account management team

Yogapartners
Listener

I received an email today purporting to be from a member of the Zoom account management team, saying he wanted to talk to me about our plans for next year's renewal. He said he'd tried to telephone me, but I don't think I have registered a telephone number with Zoom. The email seemed suspicious.

How can I verify it's a legitimate contact from Zoom?

3 REPLIES 3

Mars1
Listener

I actually received exactly the same sort of contact from zoom management — who called me directly but asked for someone else, and also talked about renewal and a loyalty scheme. Pretty sure zoom doesn't have a loyalty scheme so this felt like a scam vibe. 

Yogapartners
Listener

Thanks! I Googled the representative's name and there's a LinkedIn profile saying he's a Zoom employee, so it's a clever fake if that's what it is. But I didn't reply to the email or click on any of the links.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @Yogapartners and @Mars1.

Take a look at your account’s annual renewal date. You don’t want to get caught renewing licenses you don’t want. It’s worth having a chat with them … Pro accounts never get this contact!!  See my YouTube video on Annual License renewal here: 

https://youtu.be/BHaNyd4qZcc?si=z-8wSSuX5YspX83v 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !