cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting password

11-ER
Listener

I cannot change my password because it insists that I put in my old password which I have forgotten.

8 REPLIES 8

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Please follow these steps:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005171726-Resetting-your-forgotten-password

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Nope.  Just repeats what the querent said.  It takes you to a place where you have to sign in...  If I could sign in, I wouldn't need to reset my password.

sachinzoom

Hi @GHM4 

Unless you are using SSO, You do not need to sign in. 

sachinzoom_0-1677531100172.png

Does that help ?

Sometimes when I open Zoom, it asks for my email and password. When I enter what I thought it was, I get a message that the password is invalid. When I go to zoom.us/forgot_password, I get taken to a screen showing my upcoming meetings. There is no captcha to complete, and thus, I do not receive an email with a link to reset my password. At other times, zoom just opens. 

I'd like to have a functional password in case I need to log in from a different device. Help!

Jbozarth_1
Listener

So what do we do if we are under admin SSO

sachinzoom

Hi @Jbozarth_1 ,

If you are an SSO user, you will need to reset password at your organization's SSO end, that will allow you to login to Zoom ( if zoom is configured to integrate with your org's SSO )

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Sw171109
Listener

Hi, 

The same thing is happening to me. I click the "forgot password" and it sends a link that makes you sign in again. It does not bring you to a place to reset. The cycle repeats each time. Help??

sachinzoom

Hi @Sw171109 

Does your org use Single Sign on ? If yes, As I mentioned above, You will need to reset your password at the SSO level and not in Zoom

Hope that helps