cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with license assignment

CDScania
Listener

I'm having trouble assigning licenses to any of the users connected to my Zoom account.

Right next to the rubric "Users" there is this message: "You have licenses still available to users. Assign license to users or manage your license count." Although just below, just above the list of users, there is the following message: "You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit."

As of now no license is assigned to a user and when I do try to assign a license that last message appears again inside the "Edit User" pop-up window.

What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

The message - "You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit."  means that you have transferred licences too many times.

There is a monthly limit to how many times you can transfer licenses to other users. This will reset after a time, I think  it's  a month cooling period. The other way to fix this immediately is to buy more licences.

Zoom wont say ths, but I think it was put in place to prevent Zoom account admins from trying to share licences instead of buying the correct amount of licences for your user amount.   (example 4 licences - 20 users sharing 4 licences)

Sharing licences is against the Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up for your account.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Frank_TB

Hello,

The message - "You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit."  means that you have transferred licences too many times.

There is a monthly limit to how many times you can transfer licenses to other users. This will reset after a time, I think  it's  a month cooling period. The other way to fix this immediately is to buy more licences.

Zoom wont say ths, but I think it was put in place to prevent Zoom account admins from trying to share licences instead of buying the correct amount of licences for your user amount.   (example 4 licences - 20 users sharing 4 licences)

Sharing licences is against the Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up for your account.

Regards

CDScania
Listener

Hi,

Thank you for the reply!

Okay, so I can understand the principle behind this particular regulation, but do you know what the monthly limit on license transfers is?

The thing is that I myself am the only one who regularly uses the license. All the other users rarely, if at all, uses the Zoom license and are connected to the admin account just for the odd occasion when they do need it. There were some occasions just last week when I needed to transfer the license back and forth from my own user though...

Frank_TB

Hi,

I do not know the monthly limit. I don't think Zoom will say what it is so that unscrupulous Zoom admins don't game the system. 

I also think it depends on the number of licences you have. An organization with 40, 000 licences is going to be able to transfer more licences a month than a group with 5 licences. Each group may have an attrition rate of, say, 5%, but that will mean that the company with 40, 000 licences has  a lot more ability than the small company due to the sheer amount of stable users.

"The license assignment limit is based on the number of purchased licenses on your account."

Note: Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service.

Zoom expects each user to have their own licenced (paid) or basic (free) account. 

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066751 

Regards

CDScania
Listener

Thanks for the help!

Frank_TB

You are most welcome.

Regards