cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help - One Time Passcode lock out loop

BeingONE
Listener

I am caught in a "One Time Passcode" account lock out loop.

I have my Meeting ID but I can't access my Host Key required because I don't have that written down and I need to login to access my Zoom.us account that has the 6 digit Host Key Code listed - I need both Meeting ID + Host Key to talk to support 😩

To make matters even worse - Zoom.us is NOT sending me the one time passcode to my email address.

----->>> I am not receiving the OPT verification code to my email address AND I am locked out in such a way that I cannot access/talk to Zoom Support.

YES --> I've checked my SPAM/Junk Mail

NO --> the OTP (One Time Passcode) is not being sent by Zoom.us.

YES --> VPN service is NOT running

YES --> Browser cache clear

YES --> Browser cookies reset

Please Help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BeingONE
Listener

FIXED

A possible solution to being locked out by waiting for the "verification email that never comes" because Zoom Support is thoroughly worthless even with a paid account.

I literally spent all afternoon and night on the phone and computer trying to get ANYONE at Zoom to respond - I got nothing from Zoom NO help at all - Your software is great --> your support SUX!!!

Lock Out Solution 
Go to Zoom.us --> log out --> try logging in again but this time login with gmail account option

This seems to bypass their stupid and broken ZOOM OTP verification mechanism.

(I have a gmail account associated with my Zoom acct - I think this will only work if you have a gmail account associated with your Zoom account - there is an option there for facebook login also, I didn't try that option.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BeingONE
Listener

FIXED

A possible solution to being locked out by waiting for the "verification email that never comes" because Zoom Support is thoroughly worthless even with a paid account.

I literally spent all afternoon and night on the phone and computer trying to get ANYONE at Zoom to respond - I got nothing from Zoom NO help at all - Your software is great --> your support SUX!!!

Lock Out Solution 
Go to Zoom.us --> log out --> try logging in again but this time login with gmail account option

This seems to bypass their stupid and broken ZOOM OTP verification mechanism.

(I have a gmail account associated with my Zoom acct - I think this will only work if you have a gmail account associated with your Zoom account - there is an option there for facebook login also, I didn't try that option.