cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help renewing my pro subscription

Naomiu
Listener
I am getting emails offering me special coupon to renew at 30% discount. When I click on link in email it takes me to the correct place: account management, billing. But nothing that I click on allows me to complete the transaction.

Others have reported same experience, and nobody is responding.this is very frustrating. i am not entitled to phone help, the chatbot is useless, i think this community is the only possible source of an answer. please somebody explain how to actually complete the renewal process. thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ls_c @Naomiu @Pearl19 @Esszeekay @howardbrennan  for coupon code issues, please refer to the Knowledge Base Article on Zoom discount code issues 

For issues with discount codes, submit a request to Zoom Support. During the ticket handling process, you must provide details about the discount, such as a screenshot of the coupon code or name of the discount. Zoom Support can help identify if your account is eligible for the discount and adjust your invoice if applicable.

Learn more about applying discounts to your Zoom account.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

drsteve
Listener

Yes, this is incredibly frustrating.  I've gotten 4 or 5 emails from Zoom urging me to renew my Pro annual subscription at a 30% discount, expiring 3 days from now.  When I click the button on the email to renew, it goes to a billing  page WITH NO WAY TO RENEW.  I'm a busy doctor and have wasted time scouring the website, emailing support (which responded with boilerplate about how wonderful Zoom is, not answering my question), waiting online for phone support that I'm apparently not eligible for, and now I'm wading through a user forum to learn how to give this company more of my money.  I'm fed up.

ls_c
Listener

I'm experiencing the same as Naomiu. My billing section just shows a 20% coupon. Many others have complained that even the 20% discount isn't given automatically upon renewal. 

I was on auto renewal &  received the email for 30% off. When I clicked on the coupon I thought nothing happened but later found the coupon in my billing area with "pending" next to it.  When the renewal occurred, I got the 30% discount.  I think as long as the coupon is there & says "pending" you'll get the discount whether it's auto renewal or not.  Zoom should make this process more clear to avoid confusion!!

drsteve
Listener

I submitted an online "trouble ticket" to billing — all paid plan holders can do this, and I suggest you do.  I just got a reply that said renewal occurs automatically and the discount will apply if it is listed as "pending."  My renewal date is tomorrow, so I guess I'll see.  They also asked me to forward copies of the email I received, so apparently different parts of Zoom's organization don't talk to each other.  I'll be relieved if this turns out to be a non-issue, but I still wasted lots of valuable time on confusing emails that Zoom should never have sent.

Naomiu
Listener

To Dr Steve, I am impressed, you actually figured out a way to communicate with Zoom and GOT A REPLY!

thank you so much for sharing that with the rest of us

Absolutely agree!  I had the exact same question and have waited at least 45 mins 3 times a day for the last 3 days and wasn't able to get through to billing until a few minutes ago.  I also sent a question to their support line and still no answer after 3 days even with a pro subscription.  It is a relief to see others have the same issue but also very very frustrating that they want your business but don't offer any questions in a timely manner and make the renewal process so confusing.  What is interesting is that when I called as a "new customer" I was responded to within a minute but they then transferred to billing which then again put me on hold forever.  I finally got through to billing today though.  What they told me is the same as has been said above.  When you press the coupon code, nothing seems to happen but you will see "pending" under "status" of the coupon.  They say the coupon will then be applied on the renewal date.  Apparently everything is on auto renewal unless you cancel before.  I'm supposed to receive a confirmation of this by email.  The agent told me that they have received a number of complaints about this issue and they have escalated it so that the process should become more clear/transparent hopefully.  I'm grateful that this forum exists because I was wondering why it was so hard to renew and why I couldn't figure it out!

drsteve
Listener

My account auto-renewed as promised today, including the discount advertised in the emails.

Bottom line: the Zoom renewal emails were misleading and completely unnecessary — a total mistake from a customer service perspective.  Also, the fact that paid subscriptions auto-renew is not mentioned in any FAQ or support screen I could find on Zoom's website (although it is stated on the pdf invoice... I only discovered that when my new invoice came today).  The only ways to obtain this information are to remember it was on the invoice from a year ago, or submit a ticket.

If anyone from Zoom is reading: instead of sending misleading emails urging users to renew (and sending us off on a wild goose chase), it would be competent customer service to send an email near the end of the subscription period letting the user know their account will auto-renew on a specific date.  Many other companies do this.

I am due to renew and have the same issue where there is NO WAY to click on the coupon. ( One would amount to $104 and the other $149 which is significantly different!)  I am intentionally NOT on auto -renewal. Anyone in the same boat or had any luck to renew before "losing" the coupon?

Yes Yes Yes!  Thank you!!!!!!

wgbb23
Listener

Thanks for posting this information here as I've received emails and tried to renew!

TC4
Listener

Yes, not only have I received this misleading notice of 30% off with a strict reminder to renew before I "lose it"...

1. I immediately went thru a process of calling and managed to talk with someone who adamantly advised for me to "wait" until my "due date" on Feb 15 to renew because it was not available beforehand, which is NOT what these subsequent emails state.

2. I called in at night and entered my numbers and was unable to be found per my entered ID and host numbers

3. It is only the 7th of February, a whole 8 days until I 'officially' renew, and I am unable to enter any zoom calls. I live by these.  This is totally unacceptable.  I am in this crazy loop.

Can't renew. Can't get in. 

Top management needs to receive this glitch info and realize their programer possibly did not complete the task!! Entering a coupon with no way to secure it.  

Terrible. With the income Zoom gets, Zoom can well-afford, and has an obligation to its users to have the very best programers. Who KNOW how to trouble-shoot these issues.

Very upsetting.

No time. Total loss.

Waiting for a recording to never stop to speak.

I'll send a support email too... but that likely will take some time. 

The automated one is useless in this regard.

ELJ
Listener

I am now experiencing the exact same issue - coupon code for a discount but no way to renew. Total Frustration and everything I try winds up at a useless robochat.

howardbrennan
Listener

Thanks to all. I had same issue. Wasted much time trying to "renew" with 30% off. Tried to call, stayed on hold for 30 min before giving up. What poor communication from Zoom.

Pearl19
Listener

We have same issue. Trying to renew.  Tried on phone and web. Wake up Zoom

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ls_c @Naomiu @Pearl19 @Esszeekay @howardbrennan  for coupon code issues, please refer to the Knowledge Base Article on Zoom discount code issues 

For issues with discount codes, submit a request to Zoom Support. During the ticket handling process, you must provide details about the discount, such as a screenshot of the coupon code or name of the discount. Zoom Support can help identify if your account is eligible for the discount and adjust your invoice if applicable.

Learn more about applying discounts to your Zoom account.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

@RN  I am getting more and more frustrated! I had contacted both billing by phone and zoom support regarding the 30% discount code and had received WRITTEN confirmation that I would get the 30% discount on my renewal date which was today. Then today I get a notice that I was charged the full amount!!!’ This after hours of being on hold to get through to billing and days of waiting for a response from zoom support.  This is really not an ethical way to treat your clients.  I have to now spend hours to try to get through billing?  As if we don’t have jobs!!! I can’t believe how upsetting this has become for me and so many of your customers. I was even told that Zoom would be addressing this problem. You have to make it easier for customers to make sense of renewal process by being more transparent and allowing easier access to customer support. If I don’t get this addressed, I will complain to my credit card company and switch providers!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Esszeekay I have found your ticket and have flagged/following this internally for an update. Sorry for any inconveniences this may've caused you. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thank you! Much appreciated!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Esszeekay my pleasure! 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I was able to get through to billing  after being on hold for about 45 mins. They said they had received a note from support and aapologized for the error.  They said they would look into it and give me a refund for the 30%. I am now waiting for the confirmation. I hope it will be fixed. I thank you again for your having looked into it and acted on it.