cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making meetings simple for non-Zoom account holders

StudebakerLark2
Listener

Hi, I'm leading a small (50 members) not-for-profit group and would like to set up a meeting for discussions. Most of our members are not businesspersons and do not have zoom experience.  I'm on a free account - can I set up a meeting so that these folks can simply join via web browser and entering meeting ID? 

Is this something I need a pay-account in order to do?

If they get a pop up asking them to start a zoom account, download, etc I will have objections. I need to make it simple for them, as many do not use computers very often. Ideally, I would send them a link to "join zoom meeting" and instructions to simply input the ID number.

6 REPLIES 6

newl
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @StudebakerLark2 ,

Even with a free Zoom account you should be able to accomplish what you have detailed.

Please consult this link below.

Join My Meeting via Browser

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362593-Join-My-Meeting-via-Browser

Thank you! That is helpful....it notes Chrome, Safari, and Firefox as options for opening in browser. If some of my participants use Microsoft, will it work in the same way?

newl

Yes, this should work for most modern browsers.. Microsoft Edge included

StudebakerLark2
Listener

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005666383-Enabling-or-disabling-Show-a-Join-from-your-b...

I was browsing this as well, and tried to follow the instructions....when I sign in and click on account management, I do not see the "account settings" tab there. I do see "profile" "Billing" and also "reports."  The "join from my browser" option for my participants sounds like just what I need, but I'm not seeing how to actually choose that....

newl

Follow these instructions...

To enable or disable Show a "Join from your browser" link for your own use:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the Show a "Join from your browser"link toggle to enable or disable it.

If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.

I have attached an image, this is where you'll look for the "Settings"

Hope this helps!

StudebakerLark2
Listener

I kept poking around and found the settings....will set up a demo and see if this works for our group. Thanks for the assistance.