cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue accessing account due to old email address linked to OTP

AndyRoo
Listener

Hi 

I have a separate paid account (***********) which we are unable to access because we no longer have access to the email associated with it for the OTP. We would like to update the email address to a new email for that account but we are unable to login to the account to raise a support ticket due to the OTP being sent to the old account. 

Can you advise how i can rectify the issue as there is no way of raising a support ticket without logging in first.

Any ideas?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @AndyRoo 

I just answered a similar question from today... please check out this thread - I think this is the only approach for you:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Billing-Account-Management/How-can-Admin-unlink-user-s-Zoom-account-fr...

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

AndyRoo
Listener

Hi Ray

Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunalty it won't work as i am unable to login to the account to make those changes. It requires an OTP which gets sent to the old (inaccessible) email account. There are no other options to get an OTP other than the email address registered to the account and i am unable to log a ticket as it also requires you to log in using the OTP. 

Any other thoughts?

Ray_Harwood

Sorry for my confusion, @AndyRoo. I was assuming your separate user account was on an organizational account – not totally separate. 

Your only recourse is to contact Zoom Booking for assistance. Be clear in your explanation and include the current/old email address, and the new/desired email address. 

Please submit a support ticket to Zoom’s Billing team here and they will be able to assist you.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000983032

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

AndyRoo
Listener

Hi ray, there in lies part of the problem. I cant submit a ticket because it need you to login to submit it.

That said I have submitted a support ticket using this seperate free unconnected account but its been 3 days and no answer as yet.

To me it seems ridiculous that there is no email address that i can email to help, this is a problem of their own making by not having a secondary OTP option and I have had to setup a new free account just to log a support ticket.

Appreciate your help though 🙂