cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have just tried to change my sign-in Email but have not received a confirmation email

STHK888
Listener

I have a paid Zoom One Pro account. I had not realised that it came with no effective support.

I have just tried to change my sign-in Email. Zoom has acknowledged this, asked me to confirm which I have done and says it has sent an email to the new sign in to confirm. Despite pressing the Resend Confirmation button more than a dozen times in the last 30  minutes I have received no email at my new sign in account from Zoom . 

The ChatBot is useless. It asked If I want to cancel my account and if I cannot receive a reply from Zoom that that is what I will do. Appaling service for a paid account.

10 REPLIES 10

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @STHK888.

You don't mention whether or not you have access to the old/current account email address.  Action is required from that Email account before the new account can be activated.

Please see this Zoom Support article for important helpful tips on changing the email address associated with your account:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362563#h_01GQMSKVXNFRES11D4497NT79N 

Especially see the section near the bottom of "How to change the sign-in email if you don't have access to the original email".  Basically, explain the situation and confirm some billing details to confirm its actually you. Might take a few days, start to finish (less, I hope -- they're quite busy!).

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray, and many thanks for your welcome and for your reply. For the avoidance of doubt, I can confirm that I have access to both the old and current account email address. This is why at the old email address I received a notification asking me to press a button that would send a confirmation to the new email address, to which I also have access. Unfortunately, having gone through this procedure more than 20 times, I still have not received the confirmation at the new email address, which presumably will require me to press a button, which will then complete the transfer.

Ray_Harwood

Thanks for the confirmation/clarification, @STHK888.

So I would actually recommend doing something different at this point -- you've gone through this process and for some reason, it's stuck or broken or stubborn - or all three!

Here's my recommendation in a few simple steps.  I'll refer to Email A as the current owner, and Email B as the desired/future owner.

1. On the Zoom Web Portal, using Email B, create a Zoom account separately.  A Basic, unlicensed/free account.  Log out of the Zoom Web Portal.
  2. Log into the Zoom Web Portal using Email A.  Click on Admin -> User Management -> Users.
  3. Click the blue +Add Users button.  In the window that pops up, add the address of Email B.  Click the "Basic" radio button for User Type.  Click the Add button.
  4. Within a few minutes, Email B will receive a request to join the account of Email A. 
  5. Log out of the Web Portal (Email A) and log back in as Email B.
  6. Click the blue Approve the Request button in Email B's invitation.
  7. Log out of the Web Portal (Email B) and log back in as Email A.
  8. Go to the Admin -> User Management -> Users menu and see BOTH Email A and Email B are on the account, since Email B has accepted the request to join Email A's "organization".
  9. On the Email B account line, click Edit at the end of Email B's line.  On the Edit User screen, change the Email B account's role to Admin and press Save:
    Ray_Harwood_0-1692755550972.png
    Note: The candidate must be an admin before they can be made the owner!
  10. Still logged in as Email A, go to Admin -> Account Management -> Account Profile.
  11. Click Change Owner:
    Ray_Harwood_1-1692755688066.png
  12. You will be prompted for your password for the Email A account.  Enter it and click Continue.
  13. When prompted for the email address of the new owner, enter Email B. Click the Change button.

VIOLA!  Email A is now an Admin on the account, and Email B is now the account owner.

See these Zoom Support articles for additional details on this process:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360028938451-Adding-existing-users-to-a-paid-account

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005686983-Changing-the-account-owner 

I never recommend transferring ownership to someone external unless two organizations are joining together (merging).  I always recommend giving ownership to someone established on your account.  Establishing a new account member or transferring someone into your account isn't usually difficult.

NOW... don't do anything else until you've answered this question:

What do you want to happen with Email A's account?  Do you want that email address and it's account to GO AWAY?  Or do you intend to keep two accounts?

If you want Email A to GO AWAY, there is a process to delete a user and transfer all the user's assets (meetings, recordings, etc.) to an existing user.

See this article which describes how to DELETE Email A's account and transfer assets over to Email B's account:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005866183-Transferring-data-to-another-user 

Read it carefully; my experience with this is limited.  I've heard horror stories of people who have deleted a user without transferring, and then wondering where their assets went... and they're gone - that's all I can say.

So... hopefully this gives you a path to go down to transfer the ownership from Email A to Email B. 

Hi Ray,

Many thanks for your very detailed reply.  I will have to try this later today or tomorrow, as I am currently seeking to complete a couple of complex reports for Clients. I will update the situation and hopefully you have kindly provided me with the solution that Zoom appear to be unable to provide.

@STHK888 - did this work for you? I am having the exact same issue with our account. Thanks!

@escflzoom This is my reply to @Ray_Harwood , who was very generous with his assistance and frankly much more helpful than Zoom Support.

Hi Ray.

Please accept my apologies for my radio silence. This is because matters have dragged on for many weeks without a successful outcome.

I managed to follow your steps 1 to 13 using your email A and email B procedure. However, things got complicated when I wanted email A to go away, so I eventually managed to contact Zoom support. Unfortunately, this has not produced a result. After a great many messages were exchanged between us, Zoom admitted that they had been giving me wrong directions and wanted me to start again.

By this time I had spent many, many hours on this matter and was getting very frustrated. So in the end I have cancelled my Zoom One Pro account, which becomes effective when the current subscription ends, and have given Zoom an ultimatum.

The ultimatum is that I am finished with Zoom and will use MS Teams unless, without any further time being spent by me on this matter or input on my part, they can transfer my paid Zoom One Pro account from Email A to Email B and then delete Email A as a Zoom User.

I understand that my ultimatum has now been escalated, but I am yet to hear anything further.

Thanks to both you @STHK888  and @Ray_Harwood for your responses. I currently also have a ticket in with zoom for support. We'll see how it goes.

Hi Ray,

Please accept my apologies for my radio silence. This is because matters have dragged on for many weeks without a successful outcome.

I managed to follow your steps 1 to 13 using your email A and email B procedure. However, things got complicated when I wanted email A to go away, so I eventually managed to contact Zoom support. Unfortunately, this has not produced a result. After a great many messages were exchanged between us, Zoom admitted that they had been giving me wrong directions and wanted me to start again.

By this time I had spent many, many hours on this matter and was getting very frustrated. So in the end I have cancelled my Zoom One Pro account, which becomes effective when the current subscription ends, and have given Zoom an ultimatum.

The ultimatum is that I am finished with Zoom and will use MS Teams unless, without any further time being spent by me on this matter or input on my part, they can transfer my paid Zoom One Pro account from Email A to Email B and then delete Email A as a Zoom User.

I understand that my ultimatum has now been escalated, but I am yet to hear anything further.

Ray_Harwood

Thanks for the update and kind words, @STHK888.  I totally understand your frustration, and wish you better luck with Teams and Microsoft Support. 

I’ve sent you a PM as well. 

Hi Ray. 

I am not impressed with or especially want to use Teams given the issues that I have had with them over the years and hope that Zoom Support can do from their end what I want them to do, without further wasting my time.
Cancelling my subscription, which means I still have my account until the end of the subscription, is a way of hopefully gaining their attention and motivating them to provide the support that I need, want and pay for via my subscription.
Lets see if they can fix the issue.