cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am use my gmail for login, How to change to login with pasword

Nani3
Listener

Hello everyone

i am new with zoom and i am use my gmail for login in zoom, so i want change for login use ID and pasword, How to change or how to make a pasword sign in

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi there, @Nani ! Welcome to the community 💙

Is this what you're looking for? https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202480323-Linking-your-Zoom-account-to-another-sign-in-met... 

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

The user currently signs in with Google and want to be able to sign into Zoom with a username and password instead. That article doesn't cover that scenario.

codeblink
Listener

Hi Nani3. This is how I created a Zoom login with a password:

1. Sign out of Zoom in your web browser if you're signed in.
  2. Go to the Sign Up page https://zoom.us/signup#/signup
  3. Enter your birth date and then the Google email you use.

After that you should get a form asking for your First name, Last Name, and password.

Vinnie
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @Nani3 

Have you tried simply going to your Zoom Portal (Login with your Google SSO as you normally do) and then go to:

👉  PERSONAL > Profile > Sign in (you need to scroll down a little bit)  ->  and once in here, try manually setting up a new password.

Then logout and try to login again but this time typing your E-Mail, and Password and see if it let's you in.

⚠️If that doesn't work, and you have another personal E-Mail you can use, you can follow the  same process but this time, use the new E-Mail: This way you will be associating your Zoom Account with another E-Mail. "Rinse and Repeat", but then putting back your original GMail account. hopefully this longer route will allow you to accomplish what you are looking for.

I am just curious (and you don't have to answer): Any particular reason you prefer typing manually your Email/Password than using using Google Sign-in instead?

Good luck

Hi Vinnie. I searched high and low in my profile settings for an area to input a password but found nothing.

I don't prefer the manual entry over Google Sign-In, but it's preferred when I'm signing into Zoom on a new machine - that way I don't have to first sign in with my Google account which is a much more critical account to loose access to if the new machine is insecure.

Vinnie

Hello @codeblink , that makes sense. Multi-Factor Authentication is always an option, but I hear you: Better safe than sorry.

ℹ️  I am attaching a screenshot what I see, but I do have a Personal Paid account; I am convinced it the Sign-in part should be the same for the Free Personal accounts, but let me know if that is not the case because if not there, somewhere else there should be an option to change your Email and Password.

I'm 99% sure those were not there before I added a password. I'm pretty sure it was only showing the Sign In Email and Linked Accounts.

Vinnie

🤣🤣🤣  I believe you!

Sometimes, especially when I have too many Windows opened (low on RAM Memory), the Zoom Portal doesn't update completely and I missed Menu Options, Some buttons not showing, etc.

Did it work  I hope this can provide @Nani3 her solution