cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Christ's sake, how do I delete users in bulk, like THOUSANDS of users?

TK421
Listener

I have scoured Google for this as well as these discussion boards and I am not about to click a check box for SEVEN THOUSAND USERS.

How do I delete SEVEN THOUSAND USERS in bulk?

And don't link me to this worthless knowledge base article because it isn't the answer, and/or is out of date.

4 REPLIES 4

TK421
Listener

Okay, geniuses, that horrible KB article says:

In the Select an action from the options listed below drop-down menu, select Deactivate users, Unlink users, or Delete users. You must select an option in order for the correct CSV file to generate based on the action you are performing.

THIS DOESN'T EXIST. THE OPTION IS NOT THERE. HERE IS PROOF:

TK421_0-1693538906512.png

Where is this drop-down menu, huh? Because it doesn't exist.

The KB article is out of date.

boyledr
Listener

Hi TK421,

I also have need to remove users en masse and found your thread. When I complete the steps in the KB article, I see the dropdown menu shown below. Do you have a Pro, Business, or Enterprise account? It may be a limitation of the type of account you have, though I'm not sure. We have an enterprise account, see the dropdown menu, and have been able to delete users this way. I've been frustrated like this in the past and I'd like to help you find the solution you need!Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 4.13.41 PM.png

rsullivan
Listener

I am also having the same issue. We have an enterprise account. I am not the Super admin, but I am an administrator on the account. Is this not something that admins normally get? Is this an access item that could be granted to the admin user level?

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 2.25.13 PM.png

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@TK421 @rsullivan I'm very sorry for the lack of clarity on this! Role permission to bulk delete is enabled by default for account owners and disabled by default for admins. Owners or admins who have the ‘Role Management’ permission can assign the "Bulk delete, unlink or deactivate" permission to other users from Role Management. To assign this, the account owner or admin with permission will need to login to the Zoom Web Portal, navigate to User Management > Roles > Admin (or applicable custom role) > User & Permission Management, and from there check "Bulk delete, unlink, and deactivate users" to add it to the admin role (screenshot). I've requested an update to our documentation to make sure this is more clear. I hope this helps!

admin user roles.png

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?