cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company is leaving Zoom; how do I keep my forum posts?

NemanMTX
Attendee

Hi. Our company is transitioning away from Zoom in the near future. I intend to keep using Zoom for my personal stuff.

We use SSO to sign into Zoom and Zoom Community. It seems when we leave Zoom, I will lose access to the posts, questions, and answers associated with my work email address, since I won't be able to log into the community anymore. How can I maintain ownership of them once we no longer have the subscription?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @NemanMTX if you were to create a personal account, I would keep track of your profile: https://community.zoom.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/229509 and you should on your personal account be able to view all replies and discussions you've posted from @NemanMTX

You also have the option to Use Bookmarks which on your personal account - you can bookmark those individual posts. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @NemanMTX just wanted to give you a heads up that you can change your email on your Zoom account without affecting your community account. Unfortunately, we can't transfer or merge community accounts, but some organizations allow you to disassociate your Zoom account from the main org. account. This would let you keep your original Zoom account and change the email address while still having your community account. Keep in mind that this depends your organizations policy and there are some caveats to keep in mind. Check out more info on this at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360001229363-Unassociating-and-creating-your-own-account. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

NemanMTX
Attendee

Thanks @RN. Looks like I can't unassociate my account, and that's actually OK for my purposes, as I already have a personal Zoom account. And I think from what you said, there's no way to disassociate my corporate community account from my corporate Zoom Meetings account. So I may be out of luck here. Is there perhaps a way to find all the conversations my corporate community account is involved in? I can contribute as my personal account and stay notified that way.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @NemanMTX if you were to create a personal account, I would keep track of your profile: https://community.zoom.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/229509 and you should on your personal account be able to view all replies and discussions you've posted from @NemanMTX

You also have the option to Use Bookmarks which on your personal account - you can bookmark those individual posts. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

NemanMTX
Attendee

Thanks @RN! I've logged in with a personal account, found those topics in my work account's profile, and set subscriptions to each one. Thankfully there are fewer individual topics than I thought. 🙂

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Anytime @NemanMTX😄 Glad I could help! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks for your suggestions. For my use case, since I wasn't looking for an archive (like Google Takeout or Facebook's data dump) so much as ongoing access to the data and updated notifications. Subscription (as described above) has worked well. I get notifications to my personal email account as well as my still-valid work email account. That's how I knew about your note. 🙂