cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing host between basic and licensed accounts

skerns
Listener

I have two separate accounts (basic and licensed).  I sent out a zoom meeting on my basic and forgot it is limited to 40 minutes.  Can I can the host from my basic account to the licensed account so I don't time out at 40 minutes?  Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @skerns 

No, as described in this similar post Length of meeting , the original meeting host determines how long the meeting can last, not who is currently the meeting host. No matter who the host is in the live meeting, it will still be limited to 40 minutes, as it was created by a free account. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi Bort, how can I cancel my Basic so that my Pro account will kick in and my meetings won't be limited to 40 minutes?

Bort

Hi @Consueloluz 

If you've upgraded and still are limited to 40-minutes, please check the following things: 

• Did you upgrade the correct account? Sometimes users will accidentally have multiple accounts and upgrade the wrong one. Check the invoice you should have recieved for the account number and compare it to the account you're currently signed-in to. 
  • If you did upgrade the correct account, make sure the license is assigned to your user profile correctly. 
  • Sign-out of the desktop or mobile app, then sign back in. Sometimes the client warns you that your scheduled meeting will be limited, but it just hasn't synced with the system and recognize you've upgraded. 

Hi Bort and all who have this issue. I solved it by signing in to my account through the Zoom portal rather than using my app icon on my Mac which apparently takes me to my Basic account which I can't get rid of! (How do I delete my Basic account??). And how do I delete the app icon on my computer and create a new icon connected to my new Pro account?.  Anyway, I signed up through the Portal and learned how to schedule my meeting on the "Meeting" page, and it worked! I used to click on the icon and create a "new meeting" that way and for years I was allowed unlimited time but now that has changed. 

I am relieved to have solved the problem and hope this works for others too!

All the best!

Consuelo

Bort

Great to hear! Now, let's fix the desktop client issue! 

1. Open the Zoom app on your mac (not the web portal, but the app itself). 
    You will be signed-in to your basic account, which is not what we want. 
  2. Click the profile picture (or initials) in the top-right corner of the Zoom window, then click Sign Out at the very bottom of the list: 
    Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 13.04.22.png
  3. Now that you're signed-out of the basic account, let's click Sign-in and use the same login information as you did in the web portal.

With that done, your desktop client and the web portal should be signed-in to the same account and both should have the Pro account benefits. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Consueloluz
Listener

Hi Bort, I did what you advised and yay! my app icon on my Mac now takes me to my Pro account. However, when I take the icon pathway it takes me to a much more limited version of my account. For example, when I click on "Meetings" I don't have access to the "Manage my Meetings" page and I don't see my history of meetings. So, I still have to go to my account through the Portal to access these more detailed options... Is that normal? Thanks!

Consuelo

Bort

Yes, there are some differences between the website and the desktop client. Scheduling and starting meetings are best handled on the desktop client (app), while checking older meetings, adjusting settings, and getting reports are handled solely through the web portal.