cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing email domain associated with Business plan

jareds65
Listener

Hi there. I am working for a company that renamed our company name lately. We want to use our new email domain in our Zoom account. My questions:

1. Which would be the better option, given that we have 15 licenses in our plan--should each of us update our sign-in email to our new email OR sign up for a new account under the new email and re-assign the licenses to those?

2. In case someone is on a non-company email (@gmail.com) on our Business plan, would we be able to still change it to the new company domain?

3. Does changing the sign-in email AFFECT the recordings and future scheduled meetings of the account? For context, some of our users have Zoom meetings scheduled for the next months, using the old sign-in email. Will changing their email affect those pre-scheduled meetings?

Hoping to hear answers soon!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @jareds65 

1. I'd suggest that you each update your email address to the new version, otherwise all your recordings, reports, and scheduled meetings will remain associated with the old email/account, when creating a new profile with the new email. 
  2. Yes, they can change their email as well, but if they only have the Google sign-in option (rather than an email and password for Zoom directly), it will break that login method. Its best for them to create a normal email login method with the existing email, then once that is complete, go through the email change process.
  3. If you change your email with the existing accounts, then only your login email is changed. As mentioned in #1, if you create new accounts with the new email, then that will cause an issue for your existing recordings and meetings. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

LU2022
Listener

Do you know what happens to meetings that are already scheduled when the sign in email associated  with the account is changed?  I'm trying to find the answer to this but not having any luck.  Thank you!