cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change email to my old inactive email

nolank
Listener

How can I change my "free" account's email address?  I closed down the original email about a year ago so no updates will be received there.

I can get access to the profile and have tried to change the email and/or delete the account, but when it asks for my password it keeps saying the password is incorrect. I now have only 2 more tries to get the "right" password keyed in.

Maybe just best if I create a new login account with my current email, but how do I remove the old account or recover the password and make changes?

7 REPLIES 7

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there!

If you no longer have access to the email address attached to your Zoom account, contact Zoom Support.

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! 

~S

I just did and there is no point. I submitted a ticket from my new email address (since i can't access the old one) and I received an email saying: "Our records indicate that the email address provided in the request is not associated with an active Zoom account so we are unable to respond to your open ticket."

Any other ideas?

S_K

Please try this link directly. If not already selected, choose "Technical Support". Enter subject: "No longer have access to email associated to account number _____________". In the description, reference the email address currently on your account. Creating a new account is also an option, especially if there are no recordings you need to access on your old account.

What account number????? It's a free account.

So bottom line is, a free account created with an email you no longer have, is dead and buried. Create a new account. I see no other fix to change an email when you can't confirm the change at your old email address. 😜

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @daniela23 If you are trying to change the email address on your account, but no longer have access to the original email address, please reach out to our support team by opening a Billing & Account Management ticket. Once you are on the webform for Billing & Account Management, please select request type "Account Management" and About "Unable to access email" (shown in the screenshot below). This way your request will reach our support team who can help you.
Image20230425131809.png
I hope this helps!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Nope, sorry this reply does not help. Contacting zoom support just sends you around in circles creating a ticket and waiting to confirm at an email that can't be accessed. The real solution apparently is to forget the previous account attached to the inaccessible email and start from scratch!! FUBAR.

S_K

There are many free accounts that have account numbers. Those accounts have a payment method associated to them. In any event, if you no longer have access to an email address associated to a free account, the best solution is to create a new account using your new email address.