cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel subscription and get a refund

mettaraine
Listener

I have requested a cancellation which was done before the current subscription renewed, and now I want a refund, as they debited my account...how can I make this happen?  The website takes me in circles.  The phone number is never answered...poor business practices.

10 REPLIES 10

AngryBird
Listener

I have encountered the same problem. The only way to escape from their rip-off was by canceling the credit card. I emailed and sent messages through their website many times, both one and two months prior to the renewal date—multiple times, in fact! The representative stalled by confirming my cancellation repeatedly. I informed him that I would not renew, and he said he would prepare the necessary documents. However, after that, there was no response, and he ended up canceling the ticket himself. This is a rip-off, and I am very unhappy about it. It seems there's no way to contact them except to receive their overdue notices. My card was automatically charged by them last time for one year, which I could not stand and did not expect from Zoom. Consequently, I canceled my credit card.

Vmagon
Listener

Same experience - the Zoom website is designed to take users round in circles when a refund is required. I paused my subscription and they restarted it without notifying me, took the first months payment. I have requested cancellation and would like the payment refunded. Can I talk to a human in Zoom - forget it!!!!

I do want my money refunded.

AngryBird
Listener

I share your frustration with Zoom's cancellation and billing process. Despite my repeated attempts to cancel and clear evidence provided, I received only automated responses and no resolution. I've now insisted on human intervention and am prepared to take more serious action if necessary.

Document everything, don't back down, and keep pushing for a real response.

Vmagon
Listener

Very poor indeed, bordering on fraud!!!

Surely someone in Zoom should wake up as this will hurt business going forward.

Zoom - when you do wake up, please sort out my refund. 

Perhaps a discussion on Social Media may help???

AngryBird
Listener

I've encountered deeply troubling issues similar to what you've experienced, and it's evident we're not alone. A visit to Trustpilot reveals a concerning pattern of customer dissatisfaction with Zoom, where the company currently stands at a 1-star rating out of 5: Zoom Trustpilot Reviews.

My ordeal with Zoom's customer service has been disheartening. Despite my clear communication to cancel and not renew my services one month in advance, my requests were met with delays and evasion. This morning, my formal complaint was abruptly closed and marked as "resolved," yet no resolution was provided.

In my case, they ignored the cancellation, proceeded to renew my contract without consent, and informed me that they will continue to charge me, offering no recourse until 2025. It's unacceptable and requires immediate attention.

I'm bringing this to the community's attention to raise awareness and seek collective action. It seems a more robust discussion on social media might be necessary to prompt a response from Zoom that addresses these serious customer service failures.

Vmagon
Listener

As Zoom is monitoring the Community platform, it follows that Zoom continues to ignore pleas from customers to sort out the poor business practice of not refunding - a clear policy broadcast by Zoom. Consequently, further debate on Social Media will be the next step.

AngryBird
Listener

It seems that our voices need to be heard where they can echo louder. Sharing our experiences on Trustpilot could amplify our concerns, as it is a platform that potential customers often consult before deciding on a service. By contributing our detailed feedback on Zoom's Trustpilot page, we provide a transparent look at the issues we've faced, which could pressure Zoom to re-evaluate their customer service and refund policies.

Vmagon
Listener

Agreed, I'll do a post on Trustpilot to start with - think I have c.6000 followers on Trustpilot!!!

mettaraine
Listener

Thank you to all that answered...I got my cancelation and refund...persistence works.