cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4-MINUTES WAIT BEFORE THE START OF ANOTHER MEETING

OptimisticZain
Listener

Good day everyone.

I don't know if anyone has experienced this too but, after holding a 40-minutes meeting, Zoom sends a message that I have to wait for 4-minutes before I can start another, is unusual.

Can anyone help please???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @OptimisticZain!

I can confirm that this new behavior is expected. Zoom is constantly innovating our product offerings and testing ways to support Zoom customers’ many use cases. To avoid a break in between future free basic meetings, upgrade to Zoom One Pro to enjoy the flexibility of hosting unlimited back-to-back meetings with no breaks.

Sharing a special offer below gifting your first 2 months free, plus enjoy 1 year of unlimited Whiteboard on us. Terms Apply. Get Offer.

Disclaimer:
This offer is only available to new customers purchasing a Pro Monthly Plan Online. This offer is not available to customers with pre-existing discounts. Maximum of 9 Monthly or Annual Licenses per Purchase. This coupon has no cash value and can only be used for up to 9 Pro Monthly or Pro Annual Licenses. Coupon must be redeemed by 2/28/2023 at 11:59PM PT and will be effective for 2 Monthly billing cycles. This cannot be combined, exchanged, or used in conjunction with any other offer. Please note that Federal, State and Local governments are not eligible for this promotion. These fees are exclusive of taxes.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Far
Listener

by this it seems to be random then? i got a 9 minute message to wait the first time and the 2nd time i got a 10 minute wait time .... 

Ever since they did this I just use google meet instead of using zoom

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @OptimisticZain!

I can confirm that this new behavior is expected. Zoom is constantly innovating our product offerings and testing ways to support Zoom customers’ many use cases. To avoid a break in between future free basic meetings, upgrade to Zoom One Pro to enjoy the flexibility of hosting unlimited back-to-back meetings with no breaks.

Sharing a special offer below gifting your first 2 months free, plus enjoy 1 year of unlimited Whiteboard on us. Terms Apply. Get Offer.

Disclaimer:
This offer is only available to new customers purchasing a Pro Monthly Plan Online. This offer is not available to customers with pre-existing discounts. Maximum of 9 Monthly or Annual Licenses per Purchase. This coupon has no cash value and can only be used for up to 9 Pro Monthly or Pro Annual Licenses. Coupon must be redeemed by 2/28/2023 at 11:59PM PT and will be effective for 2 Monthly billing cycles. This cannot be combined, exchanged, or used in conjunction with any other offer. Please note that Federal, State and Local governments are not eligible for this promotion. These fees are exclusive of taxes.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

In other words, you want everyone to be so frustrated having to wait for the next session that they opt for a paid subscription instead.

Ever since they did this I just use google meet rather than using Zoom.

You have the right to make your own policies. But at the same time, you do not take into account the interests of ordinary people who do not use zoom for business. If I am a user who does not need any features other than video calling, why can't I use the lite version of the client and pay less for it? Your rates are too high. I do not need a lot of functionality and no more than 10 people connect to my conferences. Why don't you make a tariff for such customers, putting the cost at 3-4 $? In this case, you would have earned much more than in the current situation.

Agree. I just use google meet instead after they did this.

ihatezoom94
Listener

honestly this is insane. its fair for you to do this but you should warn people when the meeting begins or at least when you receive the timeout message. i had an important meeting and i had to interrupt a difficult conversation for 5 minutes. this is trickery and you ought to be ashamed

It may seem frustrating, but unless we have paid, they are allowing us to use it for free. It's their software! 

but I see your point, it is unkind to start doing this.

I am happy you do. As to the "it's their software" I only partially agree. It's not like these people sell shoes, and everybody is free to choose the shoes they like. Zoom is a new standard and even if I did want to change provider, the fact most people interact on zoom obliges me to choose zoom. So they are to be held to a high standard of consumer protection for the fact they benefit from a near-to-monopolistic position

Agreed. I started using google meet after this update.

UltimateZoomie
Participant

yeah me too I heard its because of the new avatar feature

Ultimate Zoomie (^.^)

justinjudah
Listener

@OptimisticZain wrote:

Good day everyone.

I don't know if anyone has experienced this too but, after holding a 40-minutes meeting, Zoom sends a message that I have to wait for 4-minutes before I can start another, is unusual. dentist in Abilene TX

Can anyone help please???

Make sure you are using the latest version of the Zoom application. Outdated versions may have certain limitations or bugs that could contribute to this issue. Visit the Zoom website or your device's app store to check for any available updates and install them if necessary.

Jd19999
Listener

Ever since they did this I just use google meet instead.

Jd19999
Listener

I just use google meet after they updated zoom with this feature.