cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.4 Customer License Grant. You agree to grant and hereby grant Zoom a perpetual, worldwide, non-ex

Truelighttracey
Listener
  • I am hearing there’s a mass exodus due to the following. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate:

IMG_9792.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Truelighttracey We’ve updated our terms of service (in section 10.4) to further confirm that we will not use audio, video, or chat customer content to train our artificial intelligence models without your consent. In addition, our blog post has been edited to include the most up to date detailed information. I hope this helps!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

So, you will be sending consent forms to your millions of clients? There should be an opt-out, or many of your clients will be out of Zoom.

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@nanreet Zoom Generative AI features are default OFF. Zoom customers decide whether to enable generative AI features, and separately whether to share customer content with Zoom for product improvement purposes. Examples of what it looks like for admins to opt in, including the pop-ups that meeting attendees will see, are available in our blog post.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

nanreet
Listener

Talk about shooting your company in the foot. No one like these, and there is no opt-out.  Many in the Government space and HIPPA will not accept this. 

@VA How do you respond to this? This is very bad optics for your company. My personal business has been a loyal user for may years, pre-pandemic even. I don't want to leave Zoom to find a new meeting platform solution, but my concerns are growing.