cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Background can't support Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019)

MatthewLam
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi,

Anyone knows why the virtual background of ZOOM doesn't support Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019)?

MT

8 REPLIES 8

RN

Hey @MatthewLam do you have virtual background enabled here? Try updating or uninstalling/reinstalling Zoom? Looking into your specs -- you should be able to use virtual background. This feature requires Android 8.0 or higher and a processor with 8 or more cores. Supported processors include Qualcomm 835, Samsung Exynos 9810 and Huawei Kirin 980.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I have the same issue but I have a Samsung S6 lite with Exynos 9611 processor. And when I’m on zoom there is no virtual background button anymore. I have uninstalled the app several times and I also have logged out of the app several times and log back in but I still do not see the virtual background tab available anywhere on the Zoom app for my Samsung tablet. 

Use the Desktop client, not the app. Hope this helps!

I have a Samsung A7 lite and do not have the ability to change my virtual background to anything,  not even just a picture. Zoom can do better in 2023! No one wants to/needs to see my messiness.

I have a Galaxy S9 Fe tablet and I'm wondering why I can't find how to get into change my virtual background. I did everything and can't find the settings that says background. Can anyone help

i have same issue with you.

Chiller74
Newcomer
Newcomer

I am wondering if anybody gave me fine how to change my virtual background or to get my virtual background up on a Galaxy S9 Fe tablet. I had an S6 light tablet and then have no problem. Got this new one and don't even see the background in the settings. So looking for some advice

MGSR

Hello there

I'm sorry for the late response and thank you for your contribution.

If you are experiencing issues with Virtual Background on your Android device, try the following troubleshooting tips:

• If you do not have the Virtual Background tab in your desktop client settings after enabling it, sign out of the client, sign back in again, and check the settings again.
  • Manually pick the background color to ensure the correct color is selected. This option is only available after you click an image and have I have a green screen selected. 

Click the color selector box and the virtual background will disappear temporarily, so that you can click on the color in your background that you want to replace with the virtual background. Zoom will automatically make a best guess as to which color should be replaced, but sometimes there are too many choices to accurately guess the correct one. This is why sometimes the virtual background will cover some of your face, as the color it selected was too close to your own skin tone. 
  • Ensure that the background is a solid color with minimal shadows. Also, ensure the background is uniform in lighting. A 3-point lighting setup is ideal.
  • Ensure that your green screen color does not match your shirt, hair, or eye color.
  • Black bars on the sides of your video when virtual background is enabled? Ensure that HD video is enabled in your Video settings
  • If you are using VDI, some plugins do not support virtual backgrounds and less powerful thin client machines may also be unable to support the feature. Support for additional VDI platforms is in development and customers should check with their sales representative for updates.

If you continue to experience issues, submit a request to Zoom Support.