cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student annotate tool

TeacherDawnLE
Listener

Is there a simple instructional video showing young students how to access the annotate tool? I am looking for a video to show my students how to use the Zoom annotate tool. Usually, I can explain it by showing them a photo of the menu and highlighting the annotate tool. However, I have one student that cannot find it. He is on a laptop, but I am not sure what brand. His family only speaks Chinese. I can translate simple instructions for them. 

5 REPLIES 5

JepZoomie
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Using the annotation tool is very easy, if it's enabled on the settings of the host, when someone is sharing a screen, participants will see 'Annotate' which can be clicked so that they can annotate.

Here is the video tutorial that I found online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmwUhwbzeDg

JepZoomie

Hi, I just wanted to check in and see if my response has been of help to you. If so, it will be greatly appreciated if you can click the 'Accept as Solution' button.

This will be a great help to the community and to people who are having the same concern and are looking for answers.

TeacherDawnLE
Listener

No, I have not found a solution. - I'm sure you meant well but did not understand the issue. My students are joining the zoom room that I set up. The screen looks different for the participant. - However, another parent said that it is not possible on a Huawei computer in China. That is why my other students use iPads. I now have another student that has had to switch to a computer from an iPad so they are also unable to use the annotate function. They can use emojis and the chatbox. I had already sent them the links for downloading Zoom onto their computer, but they tell me that they are limited in what they can download.  It's disappointing because I frequently have my students write on worksheets and do activities on the screen. 

JepZoomie

Oh, I am sorry about that, I thought you only need a video tutorial about the annotation tool.

The user interface on the Zoom desktop application and Zoom mobile application is a bit different. You have to use your android phone to familiarize yourself. But for as long as it's an android device, they should be able to use the annotation tool given that they meet the prerequisites which are:

• Annotation enabled
  • Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, and Linux
  • Zoom mobile app for Android and iOS

Annotation tools for shared screen or whiteboard

1. Start sharing your screen.
  2. Tap the pencil icon on your screen.
    This will open the annotation tools.
  3. Tap the pencil icon again to close the annotation tools.

Here is the Zoom support article that I found: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005706806-Using-annotation-tools-for-collaboration#:~:t...

JepZoomie

Hi, I just wanted to check in and see if my response has been of help to you. If so, it will be greatly appreciated if you can click the 'Accept as Solution' button.

This will be a great help to the community and to people who are having the same concern and are looking for answers.