Zoom Whiteboard Documentation Updated February 16, 2023

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
4 REPLIES 4

iamtj
Listener

Hi,

Since the whiteboard icon doesn't appear in the control bar at the bottom, can I assume the type of account I have doesn't allow me to use the whiteboard?

rsvp,

tj

StephenNewton
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@iamtj,

If you cannot see the "Whiteboard" button in the in-meeting toolbar, the most likely causes are either it's been disabled by your organization admin, or you're using an old client.

HighTrails
Attendee

@Eliot  Thanks for this Eliot.  I recently upgraded to 5.17.5.  I did not know there were two views for Zoom shared whiteboard until this version was released and now a new version of the whiteboard is displayed which I don't like at all.  The controls, icons, etc. are terrible.  At first I saw a message asking if I wanted to use Classic View which I confirmed and then it switched to the version I've used for years but now when I launch new sessions I can't find out how to the get my "classic" view back.  I've gone through the article you linked discussing going to to settings on the web version and making sure Classic is toggled, which it is.  Can you or someone please help me get it back to the Classic version I've used and loved for years?  By the way, sometimes I launch a meeting via the web version and other times with the desktop client app on my pc so any solution has to work for both modes.  Thanks in advance.

AlisonOwO
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi 

You can open this link for settings:  https://zoom.us/profile/setting. Search for the keywords 'Whiteboard' and find the below one, uncheck the first one.

AlisonOwO_0-1706601656029.png