cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Zoom not allow Whiteboard to be Black?

drg01
Listener

I notice that no matter how I ask the question, the internet keeps responding by telling me about "Theme" and "Dark mode"!! My question is specific: Can you make the Whiteboard be a Blackboard like you can in Openboard? Yes or No. And if yes where is the instruction. If it cannot be done, then Zoom needs to say so, so that those of us who want that feature can get it elsewhere. Repeat, I am not interested in Dark mode, Dark Theme, etc. I am only interested in turning the Whiteboard into a Blackboard.

I thank the Zoom community iin advance for their response.

4 REPLIES 4

Gabolugo
Listener

I second this petition, it would be great to have dark mode on the board. Almost every website and important apps have this function when dealing with a white interface (so much easier on the eyes too).

constellation99
Listener

I get light sensitive with migraines (and bright backlit displays/UI's can also trigger migraines etc).  A dark theme is a #neurodiversity and #accessibility issue for me.  This applies to the original whiteboard, as well as the new whiteboard function.

omartuitions99
Listener

I would absolutely love a black board. white board is killing my eyes. I really hope this is implemented soon, and surprised it hasn't been added already.

drg01
Listener

This YouTube video around 1:50 gives the impression that it can be done. But the control bar in my subscription to Zoom does not show any color or moon options as indicated in attachment. How can that be?