cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whiteboard editing options during meeting

beth7808
Listener

I do tutoring and frequently need to add a picture of the problem we are working on to the whiteboard during the meeting. Right now, I have to have two instances of the whiteboard open. Please add all of the whiteboard tools during the live meeting (or at least have it as an option).

Also, currently the eraser will erase the pictures, so when we are handwriting the work for the math problem and make a mistake, we often accidentally erase the picture. Other whiteboards have the user select the picture and delete it with the delete or backspace key, which fixes this problem. This is especially a problem when you can't add pictures to the whiteboard during the meeting and the undo key also puts it back on top of everything written down.

Also, as mentioned on previous posts, please turn off the double click making the whiteboard full screen. It is quite disruptive.

There also needs to be an option to force users to the same whiteboard view, so if people get lost, we can bring them back.

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi beth7808,

Thanks for the suggestion!

The Zoom Community is not a place where feature requests are tracked, so I highly encourage you to submit this idea within our feedback form: https://zoom.us/feed.

thanks

eliot

Eliot

hi beth7808,

If you click the eraser, you can selectively delete individual handwritten written characters.  if you hand write 2 x 4 = 9 by mistake, you can use the eraser to delete the ‘9’ and then handwrite ‘8’.  you click the eraser icon to select it. Touch the ‘9’ and it is erased.  Select the pen icon to handwrite ‘8’.   Works the same on ipad whiteboard and windows meeting whiteboard.  Please attached screen shots.

thanks,  eliot

Thank you for this, but the problem is when something is written on top of an image. Using the eraser tool on the writing causes the image to be erased first.

Eliot

hi beth7808,

many thanks for your screenshot of your graph.  i will do some testing.

thanks,  eliot

Eliot

hi beth7808,

i copied your graph and inserted into my whiteboard.  i added a line and a point 100, 0.  i then selected each character and used backspace.  i was able to delete my annotation without deleting the graph.  please see attached screen shots.

thanks,  eliot