cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whiteboard Issues... Go back to Miro?

kevankjar
Listener

I've been using Miro for a few years now, and have been excited to see Zoom implement a whiteboard feature. However I've not been able to create a basic board that is functional for my students to see what I'm seeing, and also be able to easily enter their own information. Some of the main issues I'm finding are:

* Not knowing where my students are on the board, and helping them find me

* Post-it notes I've prefilled with a colored box behind them lose the colored box on student screens

* Some grouped objects I've entered don't appear on student screens

* When trying to save a template of my file, I often get unable to save file

I'd love to move all my whiteboards from Miro to. Zoom WB, but from what I can see it's not time yet. If I'm missing something, or if you can confirm that Zoom is aware of the issues and working on them, I would be most grateful. I'm cheering for Zoom to be successful with this, but I can't risk my own business in the meantime. 

Thanks, Kevan 

9 REPLIES 9

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @kevankjar 

We have already started using it instead of Miro!

Zoom's whiteboards are being enhanced every month, so wait until your requirements are met.

Please refer to the release notes at the following URL for information on previous enhancements

Release notes for Zoom Whiteboard – Zoom Support

richard_borg
Listener

@kevankjar @ohkawa - Do you know if you can migrate existing Miro boards into Zoom whiteboards? 

Ohkawa

@richard_borg 

As far as I know, there is no ability to import a Miro whiteboard into a Zoom whiteboard yet.

Ah ok, that's pretty surprising...  seeing as they look identical and work exactly the same... I wondered if Zoom had bought Miro!

@Ohkawa  - is there any further news on a Miro importer for Zoom?

Ohkawa

@richard_borg 

No additional information on importing from Miro to Zoom.

Release notes for Zoom Whiteboard – Zoom Support

simon-X
Listener

Is there an importer planned to be able import from Miro as we have a substantial number of boards in Miro and manually needing to re-create each one will be a massive challenge that isn't worth the time to move to zoom whiteboards

@simon-X - exactly the same for us! There MUST be an importer coming at some stage!

bstrelko

Mass import from Miro would be great and help to migrate customers who are on the fence.

ALSO, we'd love to see the ability to change the size of icons and menus for accessibility in  Zoom Whiteboard, especially as these whiteboards are used in Zoom Rooms on touchscreens ranging anywhere from 8" to 98" - huge difference! Please provide your users with flexibility!