cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whiteboard Collaboration

CherieCanning
Listener

I am struggling to find away to invite external guests to our organisation join us on a white board.

Says our settings are set that way, I am the admin and cant work it out!

Any advice please!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

StephenNewton
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@bfairley - The admin for your org can enable/disable whiteboard sharing permissions.

The appropriate settings for your users would be in Admin > Account Settings > [Whiteboard] tab > Whiteboard Cloud Sharing.  In that section you would want to enable the top level Sharing button along with "Allow sharing with anyone with a Zoom account (same organization and external orgs)"

If the admin sets the permissions to "Only users in the same organization", users inside the org will not be able to share whiteboards with other organizastions.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

StephenNewton

@bfairley - ok so if that's the message that means that the owner of the board has the following permission unselected. You can find this setting by clicking the "Share" button on the board (but the board owner will need to be the one to enable it).

StephenNewton_0-1683585039615.png

StephenNewton

@AskTony 

Please take a look at this response I put here where the settings for controlling access to whiteboards are found in the admin settings. If you're in the owner of the account, you should able to adjust these settings:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Whiteboard/Whiteboard-Sharing/m-p/118655/highlight/true#M920

Hope that helps!

16 REPLIES 16

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @CherieCanning! Welcome to the Zoom community, we're happy that you're here 😊

There are two options to invite others to collaborate on your whiteboard. 

1. Click Share to invite other users to collaborate on the whiteboard. Enter the contact names, zoom chat channel, or email addresses of the users you would like to share the whiteboard with and set their permissions with the arrow to the right of the entry box. Click Share to finish.
  2. To create a shareable link: Click the arrow to the right of the Copy Link button 

at the bottom of the window to set the permissions for users you are going to send the link to. Click Copy Link and then paste the link in a message or email to send to others.

Do any of these methods of sharing work for you? 

Thanks, I tried those and then it said " Luminate Leadership has disabled collaboration with users outside your organization" I cant seem to find where to update that 

I am seeing the same restriction but cannot find any settings on my profile which relate to that option

The default setting is that you cannot share outside of your organisation - but there is nowhere to specify this to enable it to be switched off

Same problem here.

1. can`t invite users outside the organisation
  2. if I try: Admin has disabled collaboration with users outside your organisation
  3. if I open the white board and try to share it from there: A server error occurred. Try again later or if error persists Contact Us for help.
  4. If a user tries to get access via a link: I get an email with no way to legitimate the user request

The white board is useless.

I have one client who can collaborate on the whiteboard without me having distinctly granted access. My other client can only view the whiteboard. I see no way to just grant access to whomever is in my current meeting, which is what I would like to do. Is there any way to give that universal permission, so that Zoom allows anyone in the current meeting to collaborate on whiteboards I present in that meeting? Do I really have to send a link every time I want them to access a given whiteboard?

No this does not work.  How can I share a whiteboard outside of my organization?

StephenNewton

@bfairley - The admin for your org can enable/disable whiteboard sharing permissions.

The appropriate settings for your users would be in Admin > Account Settings > [Whiteboard] tab > Whiteboard Cloud Sharing.  In that section you would want to enable the top level Sharing button along with "Allow sharing with anyone with a Zoom account (same organization and external orgs)"

If the admin sets the permissions to "Only users in the same organization", users inside the org will not be able to share whiteboards with other organizastions.

Hope that helps.

Still does not work.  It now says 

Board owner has disabled collaboration with users outside your organization.

StephenNewton

@bfairley - ok so if that's the message that means that the owner of the board has the following permission unselected. You can find this setting by clicking the "Share" button on the board (but the board owner will need to be the one to enable it).

StephenNewton_0-1683585039615.png

Hi, I have a Pro account, I am the owner there is no one else. Why am I not the Admin?
It says admin has disabled
How do I enable whiteboard sharing to Anyone?
Thank You

AskTony_0-1684373941722.png

StephenNewton

@AskTony 

Please take a look at this response I put here where the settings for controlling access to whiteboards are found in the admin settings. If you're in the owner of the account, you should able to adjust these settings:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Whiteboard/Whiteboard-Sharing/m-p/118655/highlight/true#M920

Hope that helps!

No, I'm the owner and it's still not letting me see these options. 

If the button for "External users can be invited" is not activated, how can I change it to activate?

No, this doesn't help. I'm the owner of the paid account. This does not let me access and gives my participants the "only users .... same organization" message. Very confusing. Don't see the enable cloudsharing option on Whiteboard Management area. 

CherieCanning
Listener

I'm having the same problem.  Where did you find that setting option?