cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of whiteboards in breakouts

AndyR1
Listener

Hello

I frequently run training sessions online which at times involves the use of breakout rooms . I would like to be able to have a whiteboard facility in each breakout room that delegates can work on , without others seeing and then to be able to bring that whiteboard back into the main room for those involved to present to the rest of the group.

Is this possible, what product do I  need (I have a Zoom One account) .

This topic was raised by Starchild in the past but there were no responses.

Can someone help?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi @AndyR1 ,  zoom meeting already support it.

@AndyR1 wrote:

I would like to be able to have a whiteboard facility in each breakout room that delegates can work on  

Participants can create whiteboard in breakout room. 

Requirements:

1. participants need to sign in

2. meeting host turn on the options below

BakerHe_0-1686208657898.png

@AndyR1 wrote:

without others seeing and then to be able to bring that whiteboard back into the main room for those involved to present to the rest of the group.

"without others seeing",

We can't . Because everyone in the breakout room can see the whiteboard which created in the same room.

"bring that whiteboard back into the main room"

Yes. The whiteboards created in meeting all belong to meeting host. No matter who created it. So meeting host can open the whiteboard in main room.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi @AndyR1 ,  zoom meeting already support it.

@AndyR1 wrote:

I would like to be able to have a whiteboard facility in each breakout room that delegates can work on  

Participants can create whiteboard in breakout room. 

Requirements:

1. participants need to sign in

2. meeting host turn on the options below

BakerHe_0-1686208657898.png

@AndyR1 wrote:

without others seeing and then to be able to bring that whiteboard back into the main room for those involved to present to the rest of the group.

"without others seeing",

We can't . Because everyone in the breakout room can see the whiteboard which created in the same room.

"bring that whiteboard back into the main room"

Yes. The whiteboards created in meeting all belong to meeting host. No matter who created it. So meeting host can open the whiteboard in main room.

AndyR1
Listener

@BakerHe thank you that is extremely helpful. I've changed the advance sharing options as you indicated .

When I said with out others seeing , I meant others in other breakout rooms not the same one.

I am going to set ups dummy meeting to test . Thank you 

gillientodd
Listener

@BakerHe what does it mean that participants need to have a Zoom account and be signed in?  In other words, if they enter the room as a guest, this won't work?  I tried a dummy meeting with one of my kids and they could access a whiteboard in breakout room but did not have tools to draw etc on their whiteboard.

BakerHe
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi @gillientodd ,  I remember there was such a limitation before. ( only logged in users can create whiteboards in bread out room). Maybe I was wrong. 

Whatever, no matter we are logged in or not. (participant or guest) We all can create whiteboard now!

I tried just now.(in picture) I am a guest (not logged in), and I can create a whiteboard in break out room.

BakerHe_0-1710280748614.png

And for this question "your kids can't draw on whiteboard".  I guess it's about privilege setting. Did you set this before creating a new whiteboard in zoom meeting?

Collaborating : everyone are editors

Presenting: participants are viewer ( can't draw on whiteboard)

BakerHe_1-1710281303640.png