cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use a whiteboard during a meeting (I have already enabled whiteboard and annotations)?

carolineth
Listener

Hello,

I am tutoring a student and want to use a whiteboard during our meetings, but the whiteboard option never shows up when I go to screen-sharing options. I have read many articles and checked several settings, such as making sure annotations and whiteboards are both enabled, however, I cannot get the whiteboard option to show up when I am in a session. Is there something I am overlooking?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

ChrisO
Note Taker

Hi Carolineth,

Whiteboards should be found along the toolbar within a meeting and not in the share screen menu.

ChrisO_0-1665686592960.png

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, that isn't how my Zoom toolbar looks- some of those options aren't showing up on mine, including the whiteboard, but I truly appreciate your time.

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi carolineth,

please check your account settings->whiteboard.  please see attached screen shots.

please see whiteboard admin guide.

Zoom Whiteboard Administrator Guide – Zoom Support

Thank you for your time! Unfortunately, it still isn't working for me or the two people I asked for help in person, so I guess I'll probably just live without the whiteboard. Thanks again.

Eliot

do you have the current windows client 5.12.3.  if not, click check for updates.

thanks,  eliot

Thank you very much; I'll look into this. Take care! 🙂