cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the admin rights when there is a single user (owner role)

Anastasens
Listener

Dear community, 

I've been searching this information without any success. 

I am the owner of a Zoom account. 

I want to give access to the whiteboards to my clients but I am unable to do it when I try to change the settings. 

I have the following message when I try to change the Default Access Level to Anyone: "Your admin has disabled this setting for your organization".

But I am the only user!

So as the owner, I should be admin by default.

Have you ever faced this challenge?

Thank you in advance for your help

Anne Betton

9 REPLIES 9

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Anastasens

Are you sure that you are on the latest version of the Zoom Software, because when I look in my account settings > whiteboard settings >out of meeting whiteboard, I am not seeing the same results that you are. 

This could also be if you are on a basic account (not a paid account) the admin for that account would be Zoom even if you are a admin/owner and we can allow or disallow certain settings. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 4.36.16 PM.png

 Here is what my settings look like on version 5.13.2

Regards,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello Brandon, 

Thank you for your quick response. 

I have checked and updated with the version 5.13.3. I still have the same menu / options.

I have a licensed account (pro). 

I work on Mac. Would it explain the difference?

Thank you

Anne

impact-training
Listener

Apologies  Anne - this is not a solution...but I have the same problem with my PC (Windows). I can work on the whiteboard apart from meetings, save it, but I cannot share it unless I export it to pdf or PNG. Hopefully somebody has a solution at hand

Wolfgang

YaBoiB

Hello All, 

There is the possibility that whoever admins the accounts that you are on is not allowing the whiteboards to be shared. I know that some companies admins lock certain functionality. I am on a mac as well @Anastasens so you should see the same settings as I am, only Zoom's admins have not locked the ability for me to share my whiteboards. This does not look like a bug to me, but may be a setting that is locked. If you are on a Company Zoom account or organizational Zoom account that could be the reasoning why this is not available to you. If you go to your account page, it should say the email address or member of your organization that administrator the main account. 

Let me know if that is helpful for you. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

AndySmithai
Listener

I have the same problem (Mac OS) - paid account, I'm the sole owner, and I have admin access. It would be helpful to know where the relevant admin setting is!

Bradley524
Listener

Same Problem here. Sole owner of the paid account.  None of the previous answers solve this problem.   Has anyone here figured it out?   Just paid for Zoom and this is the Default.  Do I have to pay for each person that I want to share with?

StephenNewton

Hello folks,
So the settings are located on the web, and not on the client.

So first navigate to zoom.us/account/setting

From there, the navigation is:
Admin > Account Management > Account Settings > [Whiteboard Tab on top nav] > [Whiteboard Cloud Sharing section]

From there is where you can select/deslect between "Only users in the same organization" or Allow sharing with anyone with a Zoom account)

If you are not seeing that navigation structure, please navigate to Admin > Account Management > Account Profile and see what your "Account Type" is - that may help explain why that is missing.

TheTeacherTutor
Listener

Maybe this screenshot story will help!  I successfully shared two whiteboards after changing these settings, on the Zoom Website, not the app.

1.  Under ADMIN, open "Account Management" and navigate to "Account Settings".  Then, click on "Whiteboard".

Sharing Whiteboard.png

2. Scroll down the page to "Whiteboard Cloud Sharing" and select "allow sharing with anyone with a zoom account".  This allowed me to share from the Zoom website.  I still have to test sharing from the Zoom app.

Sharing Whiteboard2.png

3. Accessing the whiteboard from the Zoom Website, find the upper right corner of the whiteboard and select "Share".

Share1.png

4. First, select the option "external users can be invited" and then, enter the email address you wish to send the whiteboard invitation to. 

Share2.png

5.  Once you've entered an email address, you have the option of entering a message and are ready to click "share whiteboard". The red warning at the top of the box will not prevent you from sharing. It is simply alerting you that you are sharing externally.

Share3.png

I really hope this helps, my friends! 

Mrs. Melissa, The Teacher Tutor

StephenNewton

Thank you for the screenshots!