cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable multi-player games

BoomerBen
Listener

I use Zoom to connect with long distant grandchildren.  We also like to play games using the game room concept of several sites such as,  https://buddyboardgames.com/ and https://playingcards.io/ .  We play these games in a separate window while in our Zoom session.  I believe the structure is similar to Kooht, which Zoom has recently added as an extension but I have not personally tried it. 

I use the whiteboard to do joint drawing with one my grandsons.  We can also play games like  Tic Tac Toe and hangman.  Incorporating some of the game rooms we currently use in separate windows into Zoom would make it even better.  While Zoom is focused on supporting organizations, it is also great for staying connected with grandkids and other long distant friends and  family members.   

4 REPLIES 4

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

This is so cool @BoomerBen ! Thank you so much for sharing 😊

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

BoomerBen
Listener

If you are screen sharing a game you are playing and it is not displaying properly for others on the session, you may try selecting the "optimize for video" option the Zoom provides when selecting the window you want to share.  While others will not be able to play this game from their viewpoint, it does let them experience the game from your viewpoint.  What I was suggesting was Zoom to offer an application programming interface for game makers to allow each participant to see their "hand" while displaying a shared "game board" .  

bnitaatkiso
Listener

That sounds like a lot of fun! I totally agree that incorporating more multiplayer games into Zoom would be a fantastic feature. It's not just about supporting organizations; it's also about enhancing connections with loved ones, especially grandkids and distant friends and family. Thanks for sharing your experience! 👍🎮 However, I cannot promote or endorse downloading content from unofficial sources. It's essential to ensure you are downloading content from legitimate sources to avoid any potential legal or security issues.

BoomerBen
Listener

Pleased to see my post still generating interest in adding support for multi-player games from 3rd parties, as Zoom has done for Kahoot.   I fully agree with your caution on allowing downloads from "unofficial sources".   My request is that Zoom consider enabling other 3rd party developers (like Kahoot) to become an "official source" to expand the Whiteboad to enable programs that enhance connections with loved ones and friends in addition to all the business support Zoom currently provides, such as the AI Companion mentioned above.