cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotating on whiteboards

scj24
Listener

Hi

I am just starting out as an online teacher.  I am having trouble, as when I share a whiteboard, my students are not seeing the option to annotate or write on it. I can write and draw on it, but they just get a blank whiteboard with no annotation tools.  I have tried everything.  The settings are set up for students being able to annotate.  Really could do with a solution.

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

ChrisO
Community Champion | Customer

Hi scj24,

Can you please check to see if you have "Only the user who sharing can annotate" turned off under your meeting settings in the web portal?

ChrisO_0-1659549530446.png

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Hi ChrisO

Thank you so much for your reply.  I have checked that "only the user who sharing can annotate" is turned off. It definatley is. So still got same problem ? driving me nuts. 

Any other ideas much appreciated.

ChrisO

Hi scj24,

Here is a guide to using the annotation feature, please review it and ensure you are not overlooking a step. Also, note the app version requirement. If your students are not using the Zoom App with the version stated or a higher version, they will not be able to use the functionality (this includes joining from a web browser). I am assuming since the PWA for Chromebooks is not listed that it also does not support this feature.

ApexMathTutor
Listener

I'm having trouble with a Chromebook user also. I checked my annotation setting already.  I know nothing about Chromebooks, I'm a private tutor on a PC and iPad.  Are you saying in your last sentence that Chromebook users can't write on the whiteboard, even when all of the sharing selections are enabled?

ChrisO

Hi ApexMathTutor,

That is correct. Chromebooks do not have an actual Zoom App like PC or IOS, they use a PWA which is limited in functionality similar to all other programs when it comes to Chromebooks.