cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to move participants breakout rooms from main room

Kemster
Listener

Hi, I had a similar problem yesterday. I had organised a zoom event with the option of people being able to move themselves from the main room into various breakout rooms that I had set up. Everything was going ok but about 9 hours into the event, participants that were coming were suddenly unable to choose a breakout room and the host was unable to assign. Some of these participants had been in the event earlier on in the day (and had no issues) and they were logging back in.

We asked them to log off zoom and come back in again and this didn't help. One of the co-hosts also tried a assign participants but when we clicked move to room nothing came for participants  to accept. The only remedy was to end the meeting and start again which was quite disruptive.  Is there a solution to this please? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

@Kemster – this sounds like a very unusual circumstance. I wouldn’t expect that to occur at all, and the fact that it occurred after 9 hours into the meeting makes it something I’d suggest you go to the Zoom technical team directly, since the volunteers here in the Community forum don’t have the ability to look into this.

Please go to this Zoom page to report your issue directly to Zoom’s trouble ticket system. I think that’s your  best bet, but would appreciate you following up here once you get some feedback from them. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Jaques
Listener

Hi

We had the exact same problem yesterday and today.  The only remedy was to restart the meeting.  Very disruptive and looks unprofessional.  

Ray_Harwood

@Jaques, did this occur during a very long meeting, as with @Kemster?

For both of you:  I'd highly recommend filing a Support Ticket here:  Submit a Support Request

Most technical troubleshooting like this is beyond the Zoom Community volunteers, and the Zoom technical staff are much more able to provide you with answers or work-arounds.

ASAP
Listener

(Darn... posted under the wrong account! And there's no "delete" button.)

@Jaques, did this occur during a very long meeting, as with @Kemster?

For both of you:  I'd highly recommend filing a Support Ticket here:  Submit a Support Request

Most technical troubleshooting like this is beyond the Zoom Community volunteers, and the Zoom technical staff are much more able to provide you with answers or work-arounds.

Yes, after about 9 hours.  So a very long meeting.  I'll log a ticket.  Thanks for the link

HongHua
Listener

Hi, we have also experienced a similar issue. We organize big meetings where participants come and go throughout the day, and the issue happened around 3 hours into the meeting (Around 16.00 to 17.00 GMT+7). The issue happened twice, once on Wednesday (13 April) and once on Thursday (14 April). The fact that it happened twice is very concerning, because we require Zoom to be functioning properly all the time when we need it, and a significant crash like this significantly jeopardizes our business.

Ray_Harwood

@HongHua – please file a Support Ticket at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new to add your experience to the issue. This should help Zoom get more quickly to fix the problem for everyone.