cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom chats saving is frustrating

stefanochiaromo
Listener

Hello everyone! I used to use Zoom on an old Mac and therefore I was using an old version. Now that I upgraded my Mac and using the latest version of Zoom I find saving zoom chats really frustrating. I am a language teacher and I use the Zoom chat during a meeting to write new words to my students. In the previous version of Zoom every time I saved the chat to then copy it and paste it on the Google doc I have with my students was very easy as the name of the sender (me in this case) would not get into the way. But now the Zoom chat when saved displays as in picture "new saved chats" and copying the single words has just become so frustrating! Is there a fix for that or another option I could use?

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @stefanochiaromo when you save the chat file are you should be able to open the .txt file and the output should look something like this:

11:52:16 From Riley to Everyone:
    Hey
11:52:18 From Riley to Everyone:
    Hello!
11:52:19 From Riley to Everyone:
    Hi
11:52:24 From Riley to Everyone:
    Welcome to my meeting

when you save your .txt file from the in-meeting chat are you seeing something like what's above? If you don't mind sending a screenshot as to what you're seeing or experiencing. Thanks! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Yes, that's exactly what I see. With an old version of Zoom though the output was something like what I attached in the image below. That way it was much easier to select only the words as a partial selection and get rid of the time stamps and names of host. Sometimes I have up to 30 messages in the chat I need to send to my students without the time stamp and my name but this new formatting of the chat makes it frustrating and annoying. I was wondering if you can bring the old format back, or even better add an option to remove the time and name of host when downloading the chat. It would make my life so much easier!