cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom chat error

Hailey623
Listener

Hi, I'm Hailey from Korea. I'm struggling with errors that happen when I use Zoom chat. This is a language-specific error so it will be tricky but I'd like to get some advice from Zoom experts.

The Korean language is made up of vowels and consonants. The more difficult point is the fact that there are also final consonants. In short, mommy in English is "엄마" in Korean. In "엄", ㅁ is the final consonant. But when I type Koreans in Zoom chat, all of the final consonants are separated like "어ㅁ 마". This error occurs in only Zoom chat.

Is there anyone who can save me from the Zoom chat problem? I am looking forward to getting some advice.

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Hailey623, Welcome to the Zoom Community!

I just realized you didn't receive a community reply to your post, so I wanted to offer assistance 🙂 . This specific issue was patched in the latest version of the Zoom client (v5.8.3). When you have a moment, update your application to version 5.8.3 per the instructions provided in the following Support Article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrading-Zoom-to-the-latest-version

Once you have done so, please launch your Zoom client, test entering '안녕하세요' in an IM conversation, and note whether or not the vowel/consonant spacing corrects itself appropriately.

Hope this helps!

Zoom Moderator
-CA

Please click Accept as Solution if this answered your question.

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?