cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom after convert asking to confirm "Browse for Folder" to save the recording without setting

Kefrayba
Listener

I have two laptops that after Zoom finish converting the recorded meeting would have the "Browse for Folder" screen pop up to ask for confirmation.  The problem is this would prevent another Zoom converting process to start.  You would need to press Ok or cancel it first.  The setting was the default setting by Zoom.  The recording was done via Zoom on Windows 10 without signing in. 

Please advice on how I can fix this problem.

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Kefrayba 

That's a simple enough fix. In the desktop client:

1. Open the Settings window. 
  2. Go to the Recording tab. 
  3. Disable the Choose a location for recorded files when the meeting ends option. 

Once that is done, Zoom will automatically save your recordings to the default location, which is set at the top of the Recordings tab. The default is a Zoom folder created in your Documents folder, but this can be set to something else if you need. We just recommend not saving it to a location that is automatically backed up to a cloud service or a network drive, as this can cause issues and corrupted recordings. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

"The setting was the default setting by Zoom."  Which means the Choose location... was already disabled by default.  I tested this with four laptops and two colleagues.  This seems to be Zoom default feature when recording on a client that wasn't signed in.