cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Dropping several times during a meeting

charleytango
Listener

I have an Apple Mac and have Zoom installed . I was taking part in a zoom meeting, with one other individual this morning and Zoom kept 'dropping' . I had to reconnect, numerous times. As far as I am aware, I do not have an unstable internet connection.  My download speed is ok too. Sadly the meeting had to be abandoned. I have used Zoom successfully recently without this issue. I have ensured the software has been updated . Any suggestions please regarding what may be causing the issue.

4 REPLIES 4

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@charleytango 

You could try a clean removal/uninstall of Zoom Application and then reinstall it again. This is to ensure that any corrupted files/config on the application is all completely removed before reinstalling.

If you have a Mac - try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.
You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Thank for the reply. I had another Zoom meeting, soon after the first one, with another Zoom user, and it worked fine. the connection didn't drop at all. Although it was my connection to Zoom that appeared to 'drop' frequently, in the first meeting, is it possible that the problem was being caused by the other users Zoom Set Up ?? 

susanp2
Listener

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000.   I have the same issues as charleytango.    This has been a recurring theme for at least a month.   I have uninstalled zoom and then re-installed.   Both the audio freezes and the video freezes.   Does not matter if I am using it for a small meeting (one-on-one) or a large meeting).  I too have fine internet connection otherwise.

JohnW-2020
Listener

Zoom worked fine until recently.  Now it is dropping the connection several times during a meeting and making it impossible.   But the connection is actually fine, it's just a problem with Zoom.   It is frustrating sitting there while Zoom tried to reconnect - again - when I am trying to host a meeting.   This is a new problem for me, but I can see it's been one for others for a long time.   But I see no resolution at all from Zoom.   If Zoom cannot provide a service that works anymore,  maybe someone could suggest a better, more stable alternative?