cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZOOM Shortcut changed and no clue how to replace

zoomman
Listener

I clicked on my ZOOM Shortcut I've used for several years, and got an ERROR MESSAGE saying it had changed or been moved, but with NO DETAILS {Grrrrrrr}.

Searched in Windows Program Files and Program Files (x86) but nada, zip.

For some reason my Logitech webcam would no longer yield video, and made sure I had the latest update of ZOOM (as of today - 22 March 2023), installed it, but the Zoom Shortcut still shows an ERROR.

Yes, I Re-booted the Confuzzzzer (Windows 7 Professional w/28GB RAM, etc.), and also tried a full power down but things are still whacked ;-(

What to do?

Thanks for any assistance.

zoomman

2 REPLIES 2

zoomman
Listener

P.S.  FYI, to ascertain if my webcam is actually functional, I just fired up Cisco Webex I have not used for years and the Logitech C920 has crystal clear video in that software program.   What has happened to ZOOM ???  Hmmm.

zoomman
Listener

UPDATE:  What a hassle.  It turns out the problem with the shortcut was that "bin_00" got added into a new shortcut location URL. 

NOTE:  The End-User should be NOTIFIED at time of downloading an update that a change like this is going to happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Gheeeeez - what an UN-necessary waste of my time here ;-(

New location:  (*MYNAME* substituted for my real name, of course) fpo

"C:\Users\*MYNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin_00\Zoom.exe"

Regarding the video problem, very BIZZARE that it started working again after opening and closing ZOOM multiple times.  This has always been somewhat of a "Squirrely" issue in ZOOM, but NOT to the degree experienced today.